Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #1
Larry drv 7*3

Sat dish

Just purchased 2009 Elite 36TK3
Is the sat dish (previous owner had direct tv)
Product specific or will new box connected when we get contact determine provider?

Larry drv 7*3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
porkchop

product specific, although you can convert some of them depending on ? Have been told it's not worth the time or money to convert though. Were they nice enough to leave the antenna control box?

Bill

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
Larry drv 7*3

Sat dish

They left their "old" boxes and said they were active for a now forgotten length of time
Are these the controllers? We have the wireless antenae remote for rv, trying to figure what we need to get started when the snow melts mext spring, have used rv rooftop over the air antenae but did not know how to use satelitte. Have heard rooftop mounted sat dish on rv is frequently useless due to tree cover.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
porkchop

"Once in a while useless" would be a better description. We've had one for more than 15 years and have only had a few times where it mattered. Lots of people have good luck with the portable units as well.

The one controller controls the dish as far as raising, lowering and pointing. After it is aimed correctly it can be removed and stored until time to stow and move to the new location. This unit is usually in the closet area where all the other controllers are and will say Winegard on it.

The other one controls the tv and which satellite to receive for what ever channel you wish. This one requires a subscription and monthly payments. It will usually say Dish or Direct on it. Good luck and enjoy.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
wingnut60
Site Team

Suggest you locate a local Dish tech (not Dish itself) and have them look it over. For around $200 service charge you can know what exactly you have...or you can start all over with a Dish Traveler SK-1000/Hopper 3 and associated controls for around $2k. And, yes, if you like to park in tree-covered areas, a hard-mount on the roof can be useless. And the portable ones work well also.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
Larry drv 7*3

We are now temporary full timers. Switched satelite ( winegard roadtrip) to dish, installed wally's in sitting area and bedroom. I cannot get antenae signal to connect to bedroom tv. I got sitting area bose accoustimas to hear static on fm and with a dvd in bose player heard intro music on dvd. No tv sound on sitting room or bedroom accoustimas system
Old 04-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Notanlines

Larry, we have dish, 2 TV’s and finally just ordered an extra outside receiver and now each tv//box has its own.
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
Larry drv 7*3

2009 elite suite 36TK3
Not sure what connect satelite / antenae to bedroom tv
1 cable or 2
Have coax connected to switch control box in sitting area for coax input and cable labeled bedroom connected to control box out
Do not need to switch control box tv 1 from sat to antenae to get on screen, just switch tv input
When i swtich bedroom tv input Does not have any signal for tv / antenae
Bose is a whole separate wiring issue
Old 02-03-2024, 02:11 PM   #9
5thwheeling

I have two satelite dishes and boxes for sale if anyone is interested both are Dish network one is the tailgater other is play maker
5thwheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 05:58 PM   #10
Larry drv 7*3

satelite dish network

we have dish at home with 2 wally boxes we had when we lived in our DRV. the sat dish on DRV was 2009 so old tech would not get large channel package. Now in sticks n bricks we are happy but we have rv set up on northern property as cottage. I had been told I can have dish for rv as a weekender package. I am guessing your equipment would set me up. LRKunert57@gmail.com or 586-206-4696,
I am in Northern Detroit suburb so after we discuss price we figure shipping logistics.
Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!
Old 02-03-2024, 06:02 PM   #11
Larry drv 7*3

[satelite dish network
we have dish at home with 2 wally boxes we had when we lived in our DRV. the sat dish on DRV was 2009 so old tech would not get large channel package. Now in sticks n bricks we are happy but we have rv set up on northern property as cottage. I had been told I can have dish for rv as a weekender package. I am guessing your equipment would set me up. LRKunert57@gmail.com or 586-206-4696,
I am in Northern Detroit suburb so after we discuss price we figure shipping logistics.
Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!