I have an on-line subscription to the VA's bulletin board/news service. Here are some stats that may surprise you..
"This fiscal year, VA expects to provide...
* health care to 5.2 million patients,
* disability pay to 2.7 million,
* survivors benefits to nearly 350,000,
* educational assistance to 500,000,
* home loan guarantees to about 300,000,
* vocational rehabilitation to 100,000,
* insurance coverage to 7.2 million,
* burials to more than 100,000
* headstones to 350,000.
About 24.3 million veterans are still alive. Since the nation's founding, more than 50 million people have served in the military, with
1.2 million deaths during wartime."
I found this interesting and thought I would pass it along.
If you would like to start receiving these news letters from the VA, simply go to
and sign up..
Happy Veterans Day to all
from a very proud American veteran of both Navy and Army