We just completed the install of the ZAXIS Landing gear remote from Westhaver Associates.
When we originally found the ZAXIS landing gear remote system we thought "Neat product but why?". Our Wildcat 29BH has a rocker switch located on the front of the unit for running the electric landing gear up & down already - what would this remote system provide us.
Well, after installing the system and hooking up to the 5thwheel we quickly determined that we won't ever own a 5thwheel without a ZAXIS.
Our typical procedure for hooking up the 5thwheel used to go something like this;
1. Extend the front landing gear by holding the rocker switch and waiting patiently as the pin box & kingpin went up high enough to clear the bed of the truck.
2. Jump in the truck and back up to 5thwheel aligning the hitch.
3. jump out of truck to raise the 5thwheel some more.
4. Jump back in the truck and back up to 5thwheel.
5. Jump back out ad raise/lower the 5thwheel until we get a positive lock.
Sometimes we were right on the money on the first shot and other times it took a few tries.
Now, with the ZAXIS we can raise or lower the 5thwheel from inside the truck with its wireless key fob - no more in & out making small corrections.
The install was very straight forward taking only 30 minutes. We located the control box close to the landing gear to reduce the amount of wire we had to run by screwing it to the frame with 4 self tapping screws. Below is the simple wiring instructions which if followed leaves the factory rocker switch functional.
Wiring pdf: http://www.westhaverassociates.com/zaxis/Zaxis.pdf