PDA

View Full Version : Price Negotiation

fwran
06-20-2020, 09:48 PM
Looking to place a factory order on a fifth wheel for the first time. Is the dealer price negotiable on a factory order, and if so how much should I look for off MRSP and options? Is thirty percent too much? This is for a DRV Fullhouse toyhauler.

Thanks

Notanlines
06-21-2020, 06:50 AM
It would be my opinion that 30% would be a good start. Certainly nothing less than 25% or find another dealer. Where are you located? Maybe we can recommend a good dealer.

fwran
06-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your response. Having never done this before and being completely confused on MSRP and actually selling price, I need all the help I can get.

I am in South Georgia close to Florida.

fw

Notanlines
06-21-2020, 04:24 PM
I can recommend RV's for Less in Knoxville https://www.rvsforless.net/ and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the dealer in north-central Florida...Ocala area more or less. A true Mom and Pop operation, but had 14 new DRV's in stock.

Carny Bill
06-29-2020, 03:27 PM
All I can advise is to stay away from Ocala.
They are crooks

jdrmaps
06-29-2020, 03:55 PM
RVS for Less is good but if you can get to Elk city in ok. Is by far worth the trip to order one Jim R

jdrmaps
06-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Sorry the name of the dealer is Rolling Retreats # 1 dealer. Definitely would give them a call.

OneReallyOldGuy
06-29-2020, 04:00 PM
RV’s For Less without a doubt. Ours took 4 months back in 2018. No telling how long the build time is now with the plague. Be prepared to wait.
Phil

Bwilson
06-29-2020, 06:11 PM
RV’s For Less without a doubt. Ours took 4 months back in 2018. No telling how long the build time is now with the plague. Be prepared to wait.
Phil

I can recommend RV's for Less in Knoxville https://www.rvsforless.net/ and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the dealer in north-central Florida...Ocala area more or less. A true Mom and Pop operation, but had 14 new DRV's in stock.

I agree with Rvs4less. Did not buy from them last year as I found a 2018 at a great price locally. Rvs4 were good to deal with though. Quick replies to any and all questions and great prices.

I also agree with 30% off MSRP. Come up to 25% if you absolutely have to. Got our first DRV at just over 30% off.

Good luck and best wishes!