PDA

View Full Version : 5th Wheel Slider Hitch Questions from a newbie

Daeta
01-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am buying a 2008 Ford F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab w/ shortbed and a 2019 Volante 270BH 5th wheel RV.

I am trying to find what my best options are for a 5th wheel hitch. It was recommended that I get a 'slider'. But for the life of me I cannot figure out what to get.

The bed of the truck already has the holes in it for the 5th wheel hitch. I am not sure if this is a factory installed item or aftermarket.

The dealership was trying to recommend that I get a $2800 hitch. When I look online I am finding them to be much cheaper than what they suggested. So, I need to try and find the hitch on my own.

Is there a universal type slider hitch that I can get for this scenario?

Please and help, direction or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

wingnut60
01-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Basically, the best slider is usually said to be the Pullrite Superglide, may be the only auto slider. Curt/B&W others have manual sliders. Yes, you need one. A 2008 Ford should only have the center post hole in the bed--any others have been added by previous owner.

Master Logger
01-06-2020, 09:29 PM
I second the super glide , about $1500 plus frame mount kit … great hitch , easy install ...i got mine from carid , free shipping no tax , beat amazon by $100

Patyacht
01-13-2020, 05:07 PM
I've had several Auto-Slide hitches. Today Pull-Right and Demco make the best auto sliding hitches. I personally think the Demco is the best and offers the highest rating of 21K vs. the 20K Pull-Right rating. Study them both. Call both companies direct and then make your own decision based on your trailer and truck combination not someone else's personal opinion!!

steve_darlene
01-16-2020, 07:46 AM
I have had a PullRite for 15 yrs. with no problems. It is a 16K. I wouldn't get a bigger hitch than that with your truck trailer combo. Only downside is that they are heavy. at 69 now need younger help to remove it from bed. When it is removed no obstructions in truck bed.

danielshreve
01-22-2020, 10:32 AM
Daeta--I have a Demco Autoslider that I just posted something a few minutes ago. I sold my 5th wheel and have this 18k auto slider with rails for a Ford truck. I used it less than a year, and it was in a heated garage when I wasn't using it. Take a look at my post and see if you might be interested. Thank you, Daniel