PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Set Up

Pulling Serenity
08-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Did I screw up by ordering a B&W Slider Hitch? Looks like Reese 5th Airborne Premium 5th Wheel Air Ride King Pin w/ Sidewinder and Turret - 16,000 lbs (https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel-King-Pin/Reese/RP61452.html) would help with tight turning radius for a short bed as well as make the ride more comfortable. Maybe could have ordered the cheaper & less heavy non-slider & this pin box?

wingnut60
08-02-2019, 11:57 PM
No experience with the 5th Airborne, but the B&W is a quality unit. Altho not sliders, been using them for 12 years on heavy fivers.

Pulling Serenity
08-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Yeah I am confident the unit is made well, it's just looks like I would have gotten more bang for the buck on this other set up.

Primo Rudy's Roadhouse
08-12-2019, 03:58 PM
There is always a way to second guess yourself. Unless you can return the B&W and are positive you want to change, I would stick with what you ordered. B&W has an excellent reputation for quality

Pulling Serenity
08-13-2019, 05:50 AM
I finally got to pull my new to me Montana. It actually pulls down the road real well. I haven't even installed my air bags yet. Hitch works great. Easily couples & un-couples. Didn't need to, but I tried the slide out & it works great too. Always like to test my things before the real test comes.

wingnut60
08-14-2019, 10:39 AM
I think you be happy with the B&W, so long as you remember when you need it. :)
Firmly believe the fewer moving parts between the tower and the towee are best...