PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Both Feet!

Pulling Serenity
08-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Well let me tell ya, I jumped in with both feet! Went from tent camping to an 06' 38' Montana. Went into Camping World to look for some lawn chairs & while I was in there I looked through some trailers. I hadn't been in a camper since my grandparents had one in the early 80's. I was like WOW! :shock: trailers have come a long way! My wife's parents had a small pop up while she was growing up so I thought she would get a kick out of what trailers look like now days. Same reaction. We both thought we would like to get one to enjoy with our kids so we started looking. Thought we would get a used one to get our feet wet to see if we enjoyed it or not. We actually were looking for something more in the 30-32' range but this Montana was in such good shape, at a great price so we pulled the trigger. Will be picking it up this weekend or next.
Be ready all cause I am sure I will have a ton of questions coming your way.:D
Oh & by the way... I still haven't found any lawn chairs!:lol:

Notanlines
08-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the forum. What's your TV of choice?

Pulling Serenity
08-08-2019, 01:26 PM
What I have is a 2016 Ram 2500 w/6.4 But if I could choose, it would be a Cummins dually with 4.10 gears.

LarryFlew
08-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Probably close but guessing you will be overweight and under powered but you need to run the numbers based on what the trailer plate says compared to what the truck door plate says.

elliott-maine
08-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Best thing to do is go to a CAT scale and get weighed.

LarryFlew
08-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Apps available for both CAT how to weigh with prices and CAT where they are. Imo best is weigh everything as shown in app the unhook and do a re-way (cheaper) with you truck only. Both should be loaded as though you where headed out.