Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #21
Cummins12V98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: on the road
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Actually he DID work for ‘some sort of government agency: ‘. The US Air Force for many years. And thank you to Cal for that!
I appreciate that also!!!

Still waiting on an answer (not copy n paste) to what to do with my truck??? Run 80 front and 65 rear ALL the time because mine shows no other options???

A little common sense goes along ways or at least it should.
__________________

__________________
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #22
CALinSC
Senior Member
 
CALinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I appreciate that also!!!

Still waiting on an answer (not copy n paste) to what to do with my truck??? Run 80 front and 65 rear ALL the time because mine shows no other options???

A little common sense goes along ways or at least it should.
The vehicle manufacturer has no options below vehicle certified GAWRs.

I actually worked for the USN for 41 years, 31 active duty and 10 as a civilian, all aviation related.
__________________

__________________
A RV trailer tire poster
CALinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #23
Cummins12V98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: on the road
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALinSC View Post
The vehicle manufacturer has no options below vehicle certified GAWRs.

I actually worked for the USN for 41 years, 31 active duty and 10 as a civilian, all aviation related.
So I take it YOU would simply leave the inflation at 65 rear unloaded and have a horrible ride less traction and uneven tread wear???

As mentioned I do appreciate your service. BUT....there has to room in your mind for some common sense.
__________________
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:44 AM   #24
CALinSC
Senior Member
 
CALinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
So I take it YOU would simply leave the inflation at 65 rear unloaded and have a horrible ride less traction and uneven tread wear???

As mentioned I do appreciate your service. BUT....there has to room in your mind for some common sense.
I always kept my dually tires at factory recommendations. They didn't wear out early.

Nobody would respect my postings if I got wishy-washy with them. Maybe you can find someone else to ask about borderline procedures.

There is really no common excuse to "air down" tires for a better ride. The vehicle manufacturer has set their recommendations appropriately. To air them down is to subtract from the safety margin provided with the vehicle manufacturers recommendations mandated by NHTSA.
__________________
A RV trailer tire poster
CALinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #25
Cummins12V98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: on the road
Posts: 1,154
I guess GY Tech is not a credible place to get info from. They said "when trying to obtain a better ride, better stopping and even tread wear use the weight/inflation charts".

I guess we can let everyone decide what's is best for them.
__________________
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #26
CALinSC
Senior Member
 
CALinSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I guess GY Tech is not a credible place to get info from. They said "when trying to obtain a better ride, better stopping and even tread wear use the weight/inflation charts".

I guess we can let everyone decide what's is best for them.
I have always said inflation pressures between recommended and sidewall max are optional. GY is not going to recommend anything less for OE tires.
__________________
A RV trailer tire poster
CALinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #27
Cummins12V98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: on the road
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALinSC View Post
I have always said inflation pressures between recommended and sidewall max are optional. GY is not going to recommend anything less for OE tires.

They sure did. They said BOTH so they were covering the stated but said that it's perfectly fine to use the charts.
__________________

__________________
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×