Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
mcfarlak

15/20 General circuit breaker 2007 Elite Suite 38 RL3

Can anyone tell me what the "GENERAL" 15/20 Circuit Breaker goes to. The breaker 15 keeps tripping and I cannot figure out why. It is not the 15/20 "General" breaker because I switched it out with a new one, and it still keeps tripping. If I knew what outlets were on this 15 breaker then I could possibly find the culprit. Thanks in advance for your help.

mcfarlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
porkchop

Take a table lamp, radio or anything else that is 120v and plug it in each outlet to identify what is not working.

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Cheif 2

Can't say for certain, but there are electrical junction boxes under the kitchen side slide that I have had problems with broken and grounded wires. I would check each of those.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
mcfarlak

Still having breaker trouble

Can anyone tell me what the "GENERAL" 15/20 Circuit Breaker goes to. The breaker 15 keeps tripping and I cannot figure out why. It is not the 15/20 "General" breaker because I switched it out with a new one, and it still keeps tripping. If I knew what outlets were on this 15 breaker then I could possibly find the culprit. I have checked the two junction boxes on the off door slideout and everything looks OK. Now if I can't figure do I call and electrician or an RV repairman? We have not been down for awhile my wife is undergoing chemo and we do not need this trouble.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
golf_bears

porkchop gave you a good way to start trouble shooting the problem. Give it a try then come back with your findings and we'll go from there.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
RickandJanice

Ken,

On our 2006, this breaker runs all of the outlets in the bedroom. You can get a circuit tester at Lowe's or Home Depot to check the outlets and see if yours are the same.

When we had this problem, I found the wire that runs inside the slide had been pinched on the bedroom slide rail. You can access this wire from the front basement door or the battery compartment. Use a flashlight and look for a black wire that resembles a heavy duty round black extension cord. It will be located close to the front wall of the bay in the ceiling opening where the slide ram is located just inside the compartment door. If you are lucky, you will be able to reach the bad spot from one of these compartments. Another tip, there is more slack in this wire when the slide is in, so may be able to find the bad spot by pulling the slack down into the compartment or storage bay. Otherwise you may need to go through the access panel under the bed. I repaired ours from under the bed and then later found out I could have got to it from the storage bay. Good luck!!
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
mcfarlak

Reply and HELP!!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again... I will try and locate the black wire as soon as I fix the leak from the bedroom sink from inside the basement. Seems, and appears Doubletree never joined the drain pipe and the 45 degree elbow together because the long pipe leading down into the basement to the 45 degree elbow was never joined together since the pipe was two DAMN inches short. I hate this RV so bad, I hate to even come down anymore because it is always something with this LEMON. I have reached my limit!!!!