Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
morscuba

Solar Panels John Pamer Electric

http://jolynenterprises.com/index.html

Just had my solar panels installed at Palmer Electric in Lake City Florida. Not only am I very satisfied with the results but made some great friends while there. Had two 85 watt panels installed along with a electrical management system. It’s already starting to pay dividends. After leaving Palmers the Suite I made a stop at a small park outside of Tampa. I hooked up and the EMS shut the unit down due to low voltage. Anyway if you’re thinking about solar or having a inverter/charger put in your unit John Palmer is the guy to call. Not only does he install whatever you need but he encourages you to stay for a few days to learn the system so he can teach you all about solar and inverting.
Your in for a treat at Johnnie’s Red Neck Campground its on several hundred acres and its all dry camping. I’ll be headed back this spring to have two more 100 watt panels installed. I’m dry camping right at the moment generators off at 11 and on after 7. Its so cool to be able to get up at 3 AM fix the coffee and watch TV or whatever. Right now usually run the Honda 2000 for about 3 hours a night to top off the batteries. Very Cool.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Mike2338

I have no experience with inverters or solar.

Can you run everything in the coach?

For how long?

m

Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
morscuba

Hey Mike
I have everything set up to run except the water heater, Micro/Con(my choice most folks do). If I do it right I can and be on the conservitive side, sunny days you can go a couple of days without running the generator. Also depends on the battries ie 6v 12v flooded, glass, etc. All I can say its great.