Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
MDTdriver

MDT use any where a light duty truck could go

I have sent my thoughs in PM to some about MDT use, so I thought I would post then in the forum.

We drive our MDT evey place we want to go. It is the same lengh as my old 1 ton crew cab dw with 8x8 ft. utility bed. The width of cab is close to 8ft wide the bed is 8x10 ft.
We go to malls, Wal-Mart, shoping centers with all the stores, park in front of family and friends homes. We do have one advantage my wife is disableed so get to use these parking spaces which a some times larger.

In high use areas in large cities it cn be a little crowded so may have to walk a little farther. I just drop wife off in front and go park where I can.

The stering is 52 degrees left and right makes for very quick moves in small spaces.

There is not much maintience I want to do on the rig. Except wash it. I have a friend with a Lub and Tune in Ca. and found a MDT/HDT repair shop in Appleton,Wi. for oil and major repairs. Both with better prices than dealers.

I have never gone to Wal-Mart for oil changes on the MDT (have talk to people who did) but did on my old 1 ton.

My MDT is a 2000 I got is Nov. 04 with 49,000 miles it turned over 60,0000 miles Dec. 1,05 my milage is now 12 to 13 mpg towing and a little better solo (it does not seem to care towing or solo).

If you have questions just post here or send me a PM

Have a great NEW Year.

Larry & Kathy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip1_179.jpg (48.0 KB, 188 views)

Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
thank you for your post. that is an awesome truck! I wish we had one! how long is the warranty? thanks Cyndy

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
MDTdriver

Warranty

The truck was built in 1999 and first sold in 2001, we got it in Nov. 2004 so it is reg. as 3 years old. The factory warranty was for 50,000 miles, it had 49,000 when we got it. So we have insured with Explorer RV Insurance Agency. And Good Sam ERS (Emergency Road Service) with 5er also. The insurance cost is the same as with my old 1 ton crew cab long bed.

Larry & Kathy
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
wow i really thoght they would have huge warranties on these trucks. our one ton is well over 100,000 now and is a 2003. we needed every mile of that 100,000 mile warranty. we had some issues that chevy took care of without a peep. I hope it goes forever, but I wish we had a bigger truck. thanks for your input. cyndy
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote