Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
ores806

Slam Doors (my head hurts)

2021 JX450, slam doors for the storage area under bedroom only raise to horizontal and I keep hitting my head on them. What is the solution for this? (And I do not want to wear a hard hat.) Can you get longer hydraulic prop arms to raise the doors higher? The door side slam door is limited on how vertical it can go by the small dresser slide-out, but the other side is clear to vertical.

Any thoughts?

ores806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #2
Notanlines

It can easily be done. You will simply have to realize you will have to move the base to a different location when the new gas cylinders arrive. Measure for cylinders after moving the hatch to the desired height. Be sure to order the same pressure, but the longer size.

Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
porkchop

A simple solution, since you said it's clear overhead, is to take the rams off and replace them with magnets like on the Solitudes. I adapted there magnets to hold my front door open. Works great any cost less than $20.00.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #4
porthole

On the small compartment doors I use these magnets held on with 3M tape (I ordered the trailer with no door catches). I also use this magnet on the entrance door instead of the hook.

On the baggage door that is blocked by the slide you can move the the frame mounted bracket up. For starters, remove the screws and raise the bottom hole of the bracket to the top hole in the frame to test.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...EVP5739N&psc=1
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
BrianW

Move the gas shock door mount

I had the same problem on one door that overlaps the bedroom slide. Factory set it to open to level horizontal - right about forehead level

So, I moved the lower gas shock mounts on the door frame up a few inches so that the door opens to a higher angle but still clears the slide.
Simple, cheap, effective.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote