Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Dick D

Kitchen Faucet

Hi,

I've got an 05 33RS3 and I am trying to figure out what brand the kitchen faucet is, so I can order some parts. It has the pull out nozzle as I assume they all have.

Thanks
Dick

And our mini Greyhound, Shalamar
Dick D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Motor31

You'll probably be time and money ahead to just go to the hardware store and buy another faucet. Measure the fitting placement so you can get one that matches the holes in the sink.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Dick D

Broken faucet

You are probably right, but I'm a "fix it" guy. Putting in a new one doesn't give me the pleasure of knowing that I fixed the darn thing. That, or I just hate to throw stuff away. I guess it's my Scottish blood.

So hopefully someone else is a "fix it" guy and has figured out what brand these things are.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Gemstone

I tend to agree with Mike. I understand that you'd like to repair what you have, not replace it with something of better quality...but, even if you are successful, all you'll have is a repaired, poor quality, low functionality kitchen faucet. Why not bite the bullet, take your wife to Lowes, let her pick out a nice tall spout faucet that she (or you) can get a pot under, one with a magnetic, retractable spray wand (one that really works)...maybe one of those "touch on/touch off faucets....you'll be a hero.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
morscuba

You asked a question,, Not for a opinion.. I believe you''ll have the Pheonix kitchen faucet.. If you go to their website they should be able to send you whatever you need..I have dealt with them before and was very happy.. In fact they sent me the new hose with the check valve at N/C..I've been pretty happy with mine.
Good luck on the parts search.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Dick D

Thanks Morscuba, for the information on the faucet.

Some will never figure it out. They will always replace with the newest and finest toy, only to have it outdone by something fancier within a short time.

There is no feeling of accomplishment in a trip to the store and replacement compared to winning the challange of tearing it down and actually fixing something correctly. And yes I can easily afford a new faucet, but it's not the same. Those of us that tinker with things, really do enjoy it.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
Jack in Alaska

DickD,

I have the same MS as yours only a 2004. My kitchen faucet went south on me. I took it apart many times trying to repair it but it always failed again.
On a trip to Lowes I found a Delta that looked exactly like my original one.
I bought it and replaced my China made poor quality one with the Delta. After two winters it still works perfectly.

To make it easier to access under the sink area I removed the style between the cabinet doors. It makes it much easier to get under the sink. I left the style out as it really is not needed.

It is fun to repair things but after a while it is just plain stressful to keep doing it w/o success. Life is too short to put up with that kind of stress.

Good luck.

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Motor31

As an A&P I've done my share of fixing. I also know that some of the cheapest components were used in building these rigs and that includes the faucets. You can buy a good quality one and then have something that is worth rebuilding. I'll "fix" a water line but I'll replace a sewer hose without a second thought. IMO after looking over the faucet my rig came with, it's a replacing situation. My satisfaction is in knowing the repair was a pretty permanent one not something I'll have to do time and again because the base product was a cheap unit.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
Old 04-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Dick D

Faucet

THE QUESTION, What brand is it.

THE ANSWER. Throw it away and replace it> Should have been, what's the problem? maybe I can help fix it. NO ONE ASKED...Odd isn't it.

THE PROBLEM, Faucet worked fine, but it wouldn't rotate from sink to sink, the swivel was stuck.

THE FIX. Took the faucet out applied sudden force (padded hammer) to knock the swivel off and used silicone grease (that I use for the water filter) on the inside. Reinstalled and now the faucet works fine. Total time 2 hours.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY.

A question was asked, and only 1 gave an answer. The rest gave useless advise, and no one asked what the problem was. It strikes me as really odd that I was offered so much advise when the responders didn't even know what the problem was.. JUST THROW IT AWAY.

I do thank everyone for responding, and for the answer to my question. I was really surprised to find that apparently we really do now live in a throwaway society

I guess the next time I see someone working on a Mobile Suite I will pass on the advise I was given. Hey it's made out of cheap parts, throw the damn thing away.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
Jack in Alaska

Well now Dick D...........you are starting to get me riled up about the "throw it away thing". I do not subscribe to that philosophy either but there comes a time when you just have to turn mothers picture to the wall and pitch the piece of inferior Chinese crap out so you can do something more constructive with your time.

I am one of 5 volunteer recyclers here in our RV park of 1950 spaces. We each have a long hook and do the dumpster diving thing each morning looking for aluminum cans, cardboard and plastic jugs etc. for recycle. We also find things that made it into the dumpster via people with the throw it away attitude. Anything that can be repaired easily or is ok is taken to the back yard where the locals that work here take them home. I found two Coleman gas grilles last year in the dumpster. Neither one worked. After a little tinkering and parts replacement I have one that works perfectly and was used just last night to grill some steaks.

We have crushed over 140,000 aluminum cans with two homemade wooden crushers this winter. I have rebuilt the crushers several times and this summer will build new ones out of a harder wood. We sell the aluminum for 90 cents/lb and have donated the $$$$ ($3600) to the local food bank. All from things thrown in the dumpsters. We also gather up various scrap steel like chair frames, old bikes, pipe, old Chinese faucets, etc. and sell that also but only at 5 cents/lb.

Back to the faucet thing.........

My kitchen faucet seized in the swivel as your did. I took it apart to see if it could be fixed. Lubricated the swivel with plumbers faucet lube. That lasted about 2 months then seized again. Took it apart a 2nd time and cleaned it all up, relubed it and reinstalled it. Several months later it seized again as well as it started to leak under the sink running down the pipes and making a mess.
1st time........strike one.........2nd time.....strike two......third time.........into the dumpster.
I could find no brand name on my old faucet. When I purchased a replacement Delta brand and layed the parts side by side it was hard to tell the difference other than the finish/quality was not as good on the original. So far, after 2 years the new faucet is flawless.

Have a good day and Happy Easter.

Jack

Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Motor31

Dick,

You might have said what was wrong with it to begin with in the first post too, but you didn't.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
Old 04-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #12
Gemstone

"Some will never figure it out. They will always replace with the newest and finest toy, only to have it outdone by something fancier within a short time." I notice you're not using a typewriter to communicate, so you do enjoy a fairly new toy...

Since the beginning of man, it's been about building a better mousetrap, thank goodness for HDTV, cell phones, laptops, Google, the internet, the GPS, and yes, even better faucets. And thanks to the folks who couldn't/wouldn't put up with just mediocre and for what we take for granted today.

Anytime I can kill two birds so to speak, I'm all for it...by replacing a factory piece of junk faucet with something that enhanced our full time living....a no brainer for me...and when it made the DW happy, well that was just icing on the cake. Now, if I could only find a replacement sink to fit the custom cut granite counter top, I could get rid of another piece of factory junk. That plastic sink disgusts me so bad, I'm almost ready to have another piece of granite cut to fit a decent replacement sink.

Sorry to have offered a permanent solution to your problem that was not to your liking...you'll not catch me doing that again.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
bstark

Dick: You really jumped on folks who were actually trying to do you a favour. That faucet set just isn't up to long term use as the plating to give it appearance and to protect it from corrosion simply wasn't done with any quality at all and the base metal starts to corrode under it and will only sieze up your swivel base again and again. Like yourself I will spend hours performing a repair for the satisfaction of knowing it's been done correctly but I absolutely refuse to spend $50.00 worth of my time fixing a .50 cent item. Factor in the cost of the fuel to drive to Lowes or Ace hardware for parts for some of this stuff and you may as well buy a replacement of better quality to avoid repeat performances. I believe that is the ethical logic practiced by most here on these boards.

I'd be willing to bet that if you haven't already done so; that boat anchor of a 27" CRT that your unit came with will be replaced with a newer model, much lighter, HDTV flat screen and probably without it even having to break down.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
billr

Dick D,

I'm a "Fix It" guy to the 10th degree! But, even I know when to toss the POS faucet out and get a quality one. I have repaired it a few times and will not again. Same goes for the bath room one.

Feel free to fix away and away. But if you come on here or any other public forum and post a question, be happy with what the kind informed folks offer or let it go! Or at the very least refine your question and offer more info up front.

You may find in any future requests folks may not be as ready to offer advice, which it seems you're not interested in anyway.

I do get your point of the Throw away society, but If it's crap, then at what point do we throw it out with the towel?

Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
Dick D

I thought the question was pretty simple. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT BRAND THE KITCHEN FAUCET IS?
That question has long since been answered. The rest of this thread is about me taking advise that I didn't ask for, and and didn't want or need.
I'm 66 years old and have been making repairs most of those years. When I want advise I ask for it. When I want a question answered, I ask that question.
What I got this time was a lot of noise and only 1 answer. I never said I wasn't going to throw the thing away, all I wanted was the name of the manufacturer. I would suggest is, If you can't help with a problem, then don't give useless advise and be surprised when someone says that they didn't need it.
I thought the question was pretty simple, but it doesn't seem to pass the "are you smarter than a 5th grader" test.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #16
bstark

Dick, I can probably count on one hand since this forum began and more specificly this section dealing with DRV products and the folks who own them, the number of times there has been any kind of acrimony or discourse of a confrontational nature. You've managed to resort to lecturing us on the propriety of posting and castigating us for offering up well intentioned opinions all at the same time. Gotta tell ya Dick, that's a rarity on here.

Since I've already failed the "smarter than a 5th grader test" I'll go for broke and add that while all who posted were offering opinions and perhaps information not requested, at least it was with the best of intentions and you were free to ignore all at your leisure. You chose however, to giving them all a verbal spanking over being members of and fostering a "throw-away-society" and then further to lecturing us on the appropriatness of offering "un-asked for opinions".

I'm over sixty myself and don't need a 2X4 upside the head to get something to sink in. I get it. I won't make the same mistake with you a second time.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
Jack in Alaska

Faucet made by the CHING CHANG CHUNG Co.

May your 7th post be your last.

have a good day.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
terry and jo

While I usually try to avoid confrontation, this is an instance where I must put in my two cents worth.

I, too, am in my 60's and I, too, know how to fix things, but I have never been in a situation where I was NOT WILLING to at least entertain alternative suggestions that are made by others. Obviously, Dick D is one that is not willing to accept help, perhaps even if he has asked for the help.

I would suggest to Dick D to spend a little more time on forums to see how it is that people respond to questions and learn to find the "chill pill" before things get out of hand. God forbid that he start a thread and it get hijacked by someone else discussing a related problem.

And, I have to agree with Jack in Alaska on his last statements.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
jdwilson3

Hey Dick....never mind, that said it all.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #20
Mikey

OK

Let's all take a breath and ......
Attached Images
File Type: gif cutesaying10_543.gif (57.5 KB, 142 views)

2008 F450
Full-timing at last!
www.HomeIsWhereWeParkIt.net
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote