Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
5thwheeler

Honda EU300is problems

The past weekend we had a problem with our generator. It snowed close to a foot so we had the heat on all night and went to bed with the generator running. I woke to find the generator shutdown but still had a half tank of fuel so I suspected the low oil sensor shut it down for some reason but its never used any oil. When un-screwed the fill plug/dipstick a half quart of gas/oil ran out - not good. I drained the oil and re-filled and tried to re-start with no luck. It would backfire, spit, spudder but just not start.
I pulled the float bowl and it was clean and there was planty of spark to the sparkplug - just wouldn't run. I cannot explain why but after replacing with a new plug it fired right up. I made a call to the local Hionda service center and they suspect a piece of dirt passed through the fuel needle inlet valve causint it to stick open and richen up. This is what filled the crank case with gas. This carboned everything up and caused the plug to fail - it had a hot spark but under compression would not fire the engine. Anyone else have anything like this happen?
I have concerns that the the fuel washed down the cylinder walls and caused damage up to the point where it shut-off. I was running a premium synthetic oil - whould that have helped protect the piston/cylinder walls?
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote