Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #1
Sundancekid

Kitchen help

We have a new 39DBRS4 and we are new to the game.
Are there any ladies that could help with ideas on kitchen organization??

Sundancekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:00 PM   #2
Cummins12V98

Not a Lady but I put all the dinner plates and bowls in the top big drawer to the right of the oven. Non silverware utensils to the left of the stove.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
porthole

Does it have to be the "lady of the house"

I added pull out drawers to the rearward cabinet. The bottom factory pull out drawer I moved to the cabinet above the fridge and added a wire pull out as well.

These were all sourced at Lowe's

We obviously need a step stool to reach the top shelves but it works for us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1677.jpg (360.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1678.jpg (318.5 KB, 14 views)
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #4
Sundancekid

Hey Duane. Can't thank you enough for your input & especially your pictures.
We unfortunately ordered our rig when they were going from the 2020's to the 2021's & were not able to see much or get much information. We also cannot tell you how many times we have tried to send a reply to you & then the Forum says we have to SIGN in AGAIN!
As we said we are new to the 5th wheel community & it is a real learning experience. We have had our rig for a little over a month & are trying to set it up, but I am very frustrated.
The pull out drawer to the left of the stove is very small & not what we had seen when we were doing our research. I really like the shelves you added & a step stool has already been added. I would really like to know where you put your dishes. I refuse to eat a steak off of a paper plate!
Our unit has the new stove/range with a small drawer at the bottom that can hold a couple of cookies sheets & the microwave plate when traveling. Haven't figured out anything else that would fit in there at this time.
The drawers to the left of our oven are so deep you can't put silverware in them since you would have to double stack them & just an observation at this time, but why did they not lower the dishwasher & put the drawer above it for silverware & cooking utensils?
Your input is greatly appreciated. We will be doing a short shake-down trip on Mon. & hopefully figure other things out.
Thank you again,
Mary Lou & Rod
Sundancekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #5
Notanlines

We ordered a number of cabinet drawers and slides from www.cabinetparts.com a few years ago. All assembled and we did the finishing to match the Raptor. Very good quality, delivery and prices were fair. I may do another drawer for the pantry now that the subject came up.
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #6
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancekid View Post
We unfortunately ordered our rig when they were going from the 2020's to the 2021's
Haven't seen a 2021 39DBRS3 yet, ours is a 2019.

Does it have the new range? That range raises the countertop and shortens the overall height of the cabinets above it.

We have a drawer below the dishwasher, deep enough for a bigger pot.
Our silverware is in the drawer above the garbage can.

Bottom draw towards the rear of the stove, our dinner plates, are stacked in a plate holder. We have 4 full size Correll and 2 salad style there along with paper plates and bowls.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Plate-O...2992412&sr=8-5

Get a velcro strap for the fridge handles, if no handles come up with something to secure the doors.

Velcro straps around all cabinet handles that are double doors.
Pool noodles cut and split over all the handles on the island and stove area cabinets.

We also use "spring bars" in the fridge while traveling to help with the 'surprises' when you open the door after traveling. Don't bother with the double bar style, they just break eventually into single bars.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Refrige...2994553&sr=8-9

I also found only at Lowe's clear plastic bins that fit the fridge shelves just right and they have small 'feet' that catch the end of the shelves to keep from sliding out. These work great to minimize spills and broken bottles. One bin will hold a dozen plus bottles of beer. If the bins are not full when traveling I stuff pool noodle sections in to keep things from bouncing around.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:10 AM   #7
Cummins12V98

Utensil drawer to left of sink above trash can pull out.

Top drawer to right of oven is for dishes. Top to left is for larger cooking utensils.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
Cummins12V98

To right of oven. I advise if placing heavy items like this Corell in a drawer you place a 1/4" bead of Permatex PL3 around where the drawer bottom meets the sides.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
OneReallyOldGuy

Lots of great ideas ladies. Heh heh
Keep in mind your center of gravity. Load it like a semi, heavy on the bottom, light on the top. Pots and pans, glass bakeware, canned goods, etc in those bottom cabinets. Plastics, crackers, bags of chips, etc in the top cabinets.
Correlle is a great choice since they don’t break easily and are fairly lightweight.
We’ve been living in our 2019 39dbrs3 for three years and wifey is still rearranging things.
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:07 AM   #10
DennisM71

Get rubber shelf liner, the kind w/ holes in it, and use small pieces to put between stacked plates & bowls. Cup hooks spaced so the cups can't touch. Plastic drinking glasses, or for glass ones, wrap them in small paper bags.