Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
fishwitch44

NEED HELP WITH PIN BOX

Ok..Here is the problem ..I just bought a 2001 Coachmen Royal Deluxe.RK32..It came with a straight pin box..The problem is the dealer didn't tell me I would need an extended pin box or slider..This being my 1st one I really didnt pay to much attention until pulling it home when I turned in to get gas the front kissed my cab..No damage..I am pulling with an 01 F-250 super duty crew with a Triton V-10 so I have the 6 1/2 ft box....I have tried numerous dealers trying to find an extended pin box with no luck..Coachmen tells me they dont recommend putting one on because it may bend the frame..I have looked at the pullrite hitch superslide and this looks like it may work but when I look close at the video on their site I notice the 5er they are using has an extended pin box..Did anyone else have this problem or am I just out of luck and have to sell this 5er or buy a differnt truck with an 8ft box..Any and all replys will be appreciated..Thank you in advance..Bob
fishwitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote