Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Jowilly

Exterior Cleaner

Does anyone have any experience with this product "Vertglas Fiberglass Gel Coat Restoration System"? Purchased an older Montana from an inlaw and it needs a little TLC on the outside, some oxidation and black streaks, any advise would be helpful, just don't want to damage the finish and make more work for myself. I realize this is going to require some elbow grease and several hours/days to get done so anything that would make this job easier would also be helpful, this was just one product I found, there may be others that are better and easier.

Thanks

Jowilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Alpharv

If you are going to restore the gel coat to like new. you would make life ea.ser on yourself if you invested in a DA POLISHER. I own a 2000 alpha Gold and it looks new, well I know its better than new. I change every nut and bolt out and replaced it with stainless steal. but back to gel coat.
If you go onto AUTOGEEK.COM FORUM you will see the different polishers and pads and rv gelcoat restore kits. it will cost 129.00 for the polisher. But if you act quickly they are haveing all types of sale. i just received my new polisher in the mail. got a Goits Garage orbital polisher and 6 pads for 129.00 normally it cost 199.00. I have been doing my rv by hand and will not do it anymore , its not good for the shoulders. goog luck.

Alpharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
ps22

Re: Exterior Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowilly
Does anyone have any experience with this product "Vertglas Fiberglass Gel Coat Restoration System"? Purchased an older Montana from an inlaw and it needs a little TLC on the outside, some oxidation and black streaks, any advise would be helpful, just don't want to damage the finish and make more work for myself. I realize this is going to require some elbow grease and several hours/days to get done so anything that would make this job easier would also be helpful, this was just one product I found, there may be others that are better and easier.

Thanks
How much time do you have before you want it finished? Manual polishing/work will be cheaper but take much longer.
ps22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
hozer

I saw this on youtube and its only a $1.00 AND IT WORKS!!!!!

I use it on my 5er!!
hozer is offline   Reply With Quote