Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Roam America

Blinking LED’s

I’ve read on other forum(s) about the LED lights flickering when the dimmer is turned down. I’ve read many theories about the problem.
This is an observation on my part. The only lights where I was experiencing this issue was the bad room main lights. I’ve posted in the past that my lights were in the bad batch of lights and Command Elec. sent me 50 replacements and that I’m replacing them as needed. Recently I had to replace one of those lights. After doing so, I noticed that that specific light no longer flickered when dimming the lights. So I replaced the 3 remaining main ceiling lights. I can now dim the lights to the lowest position with no flickering. One problem solved.

Now if I can ever get Toilet water level reset I’ll be happy (the published procedure doesn’t work and the control module has already been replaced.

Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
Cummins12V98

Perfect example of why I chose a standard Dometic 320 toilet.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
OneReallyOldGuy

John,

The best deal I could get out of command electronics is $5 a board. I’m waiting on a batch of ten to come in and I’m already up to six that have started their strobing since I ordered. I pulled the cover off one of my burnt out “scare lights” and discovered it uses an 1156 bulb just like my old '65 Chevy. I’m sooooooo not impressed with command electronics products.

For your toilet issue try resetting the level while running your water pump. I can’t get mine to fill all the way at parks with low flow. And if I wash my hands while the toilet is filling it will not fill properly.

RV life’s a bitch ain’t it? (He said while sitting outside drinking coffee listening to the birds sing, the brook babble and watching that lone squirrel forage for nuts.)

Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:36 AM   #4
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
John,

The best deal I could get out of command electronics is $5 a board. I’m waiting on a batch of ten to come in and I’m already up to six that have started their strobing since I ordered. I pulled the cover off one of my burnt out “scare lights” and discovered it uses an 1156 bulb just like my old '65 Chevy. I’m sooooooo not impressed with command electronics products.

For your toilet issue try resetting the level while running your water pump. I can’t get mine to fill all the way at parks with low flow. And if I wash my hands while the toilet is filling it will not fill properly.

RV life’s a bitch ain’t it? (He said while sitting outside drinking coffee listening to the birds sing, the brook babble and watching that lone squirrel forage for nuts.)

Phil

I have 60 replacement LED's from Command.
Replaced about a third so far and some of those have started blinking.

BTW, to make change out easier I'm using the WAGO connectors. Better then stripping and crimping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Toilet - the level is based on time. If you set it when pressure and flow is good, the level will be low when pressure is insufficient. I set mine with the water pump
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
OneReallyOldGuy

Those WAGO connectors look great. Just ordered a box. Thanks Duane.
Phil
Old 07-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #6
Roam America

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
John,

Phil
Amazon has a replacement 1000 Lumen LED for the scare lights for 30 bucks. It’s made by Leisure LED. On my list of potential things to get.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
wingnut60
Site Team

Phil,
Try using the LED 1156 replacement bulb from M4 Electronics.

Roam America,
That 1000 lumen should really perk up the outside at night--just a 500L LED did wonders for vision at night for me.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
OneReallyOldGuy

I picked up some LED 1156 bulbs at autozone. Not sure what lumens they are but they’re definitely a big difference.