Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
wwc

Follow up on Track Lights

I last posted about kitchen switch getting hot when the 3-50watt Halogen track lights in the kitchen were on. Gemstone gave me a web site for LED lights. I called and talked to a gentleman named Austin at LED Global Supply and ended up buying 3 9watt LED bulbs. First off the switch is not getting hot, as it is not even getting warm. You cannot tell the difference between being on or off with these bulbs. I bought the white version and let me tell you they are white. My wife thinks they are fine, but to me they are so bright white that the light is harsh. I called Auustin back at LED Global Supply and explained my situation and asked if he had a problem with me ordering 3 of the warm white bulbs to see the difference. I was shocked when he told me that he wanted his customers to be happy and that he would send me three of the warm white bulbs to try at no charge. All I have to do, is decide which three I want and call him and get a return auth. #. to send back the 3 bulbs that I do not want. Folks this is the best customer service I have had in a long time if ever. Again I was given this web site by Gemstone and I have nothing what so ever to do with this company. Just wanted to pass along this information about the lights and the customer service. Also for Motorcycle Jack, you are correct that I have not taken down my track and cleaned it. I am sure it needs it. I may clean it one of these days, once I get enough courage to try and take it down.

wwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

While I did not get my LEDs from Global, I will surely try them when I need some others.
We have all the interior lights replaced except for 2 fluorescent fixtures.
If you haven't tried the LED for the fluorescent lights, you need to--each of my overhead living/bedroom fixtures has 2 bulbs each and there are 6 of them. I used only ONE LED in ONE fixture in the living room and it puts out more light than the 3 combined. I used the Starlight Revolution T8-18 and now only need one light on in the LR.
I am now getting much longer life on battery charges when drycamping.
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
RonS

wingnut - where did you get the LED bulbs for the fluorescent fixtures, local Home Depot did not know what I was talking about. But then it was just a young lad.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

You will almost never find 12 volt lighting at hardware stores, at least those that will work in an RV.

The ones I have are by Star Lights, Inc. Revolution T8-18 replacement LED bulb is description.

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc...38&idcategory=

You are only going to find it in an up-to-date RV supply store--I never saw one except in a store in American Fork, UT, on my trip to CA/AK and back, when I looked. Try online is best I can suggest.

Camping World locally does not have them. Price is going to be around $45/each, tho, but last one you will have to buy. Save old bulb in case you sell the RV--and take them with you.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Gemstone

wwc....

Thanks for the product report....good to know the company is customer focused.

Regards
Gemstone