Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
berghild424

slippping slide

Ever since we had the problem where the slides didn't work, the living/dining slides out a bit at the bottom. After retracting tne slide it starts making. A clicking noise and creeps out. Wedging with a board cut to fit by rv person just pushed the facia trim off tne slide. Is there aie in tne line? And if so how do we get it out?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Motorcycle Jack

Most likely. Have you checked the level in the hydraulic reservoir? Make sure it is at the correct level first. Then to remove the air in the lines you need to run the slides out and in, in order - bedroom slide out then door side then off door side. Run them back in off door, door side then bedroom. once that is done run the offending slide in and out a couple of times. Then go back and do them all in order again. That should remove the air.

Motorcycle Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
berghild424

slipping slide

thank you i can hardly wait to try this in the morning. we have learned the hard way. DO NOT TRY TO PROP THE SLIDE (in one corner) FROM CLOSING!....IT ONLY POPS OUT ON THE OPPOSING CORNER AND SHEARS OFF SOME PIN. THEN IT WONT COME IN EQUALLY.
$200.00 and 6 hours in a mall parking lot in Salt Lake. By 8:00 pm we were done in and spent the $$$ to stay at KOA.
Today it slipped a little and we propped all 4 corners and the middle . tomorrow we will try your solution. I will keep you posted on the results.
We made it as far as Rock Springs, WY today....not a lot of miles. We are trying desperately to get to New Hampshire for a little girls birthday and have had weeks of delays.
Oh and yes, we had checked the fluid.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
berghild424

slipping slides

your solution worked...I think we need to do it just one more time as a couple of times it has sneaked out just a little. "Fly" in Howe, IN told us also that we should always put the bedroom slide in last since it is nearest the reservoir. don't know if that is true but we will keep in mind.
thank you!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
rotaxman

Slides

Cyndi,

This is my understanding about the sequence of the slides. First you don't want any air in the system but if you do have some you want it to return to the hydraulic reservoir when the slides are retracted. There the air bubbles will dissipate.

I extend

1. Bedroom
2. Kitchen
3. Dinning room.

When I retract

1. Dinning room
2. Kitchen
3. Bedroom

I have done it this way on both of my Mobile Suites and have not had any issues in the 7 years of ownership.

Hope your problem is resolved.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro