Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
RVHD2018

Attn DRV Fullhouse Owners

My wife and I approaching retirement, and plan to full-time. We will be taking our Harley with us, so are very interested in the DRV Fullhouse. Having looked at Toy Haulers exhaustively for the past few years, we are very impressed with the Fullhouse, both for it's practicality, solid construction, and beauty. We live in Southern Az, and there are essentially no dealers anywhere around here...plus, these are not inventory units, but mostly custom built to order. We might be heading to their factory in Indiana this next year for a tour, but until then, we would really love an opportunity to walk through one, and talk to some owners.
If you own a DRV Fullhouse, and will be within 300 miles of Tucson, please reply and let us know if you would be willing to host a tour. I know this is much to ask, but hopefully you understand as well.

Chuck and Kara
Tucson, Az
Shafferff@gmail.com
520-940-3909

RVHD2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
Walt

There is a dealer in Lake Havasu City ,AZ. Sunshine RV. http://www.sunshinerv.com/

2019 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #396674
2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 DRW 4WD
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #3
kannon

If you don't mind Harley outside,you could look at hydralift.They attach to frame of 5th wheel.Im considering this as I only have 1 bike to haul and don't need extra garage space.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
missourijan

Isn't there a dealer in Mesa? Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK has a couple on order. Not much help are we.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
wingnut60
Site Team

Not much help, but there appears to be one in stock in Indio, CA, that might be within driving distance. Southwest RV.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
RVHD2018

I had a chance to talk to Kyle at DRV in Howe, IN yesterday, and confirmed some suspicions...they have only made about 50 units total, and it will be next year before anyone starts to inventory them. Most dealers would like to have one to show, but just not there yet.
I have a lead on a guy in Az, just waiting to hear back from him. In reality, we are looking forward to the factory tour, and will likely get to see plenty while we are there.
Thanks to everyone for responding, and hope to be part of this group in the future.

Chuck
Old 11-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
RVHD2018

Hey Kannon, we have considered that, but it won't work for several reasons. One, tough to find a unit that can hold that lift, and can be mounted without voiding a warrantee. Also, we plan to trade for a trike when retirement occurs. We don't like giving up valuable living space for the garage, but have found multiple ways to make good use of that space...plus, the Fullhouse appears to be very spacious, even with the garage...and there is that thing about really loving your bike!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #8
Alie and Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVHD2018 View Post
I had a chance to talk to Kyle at DRV in Howe, IN yesterday, and confirmed some suspicions...they have only made about 50 units total, and it will be next year before anyone starts to inventory them. Most dealers would like to have one to show, but just not there yet.
I have a lead on a guy in Az, just waiting to hear back from him. In reality, we are looking forward to the factory tour, and will likely get to see plenty while we are there.
Thanks to everyone for responding, and hope to be part of this group in the future.

Chuck
Check Kansas RV center. Mike has 2 in stock I believe. Might be worth the plane tickets.
Alie and Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #9
kannon

I may purchase a fullhouse still studying.I contacted drv last week about hydralift on a model 39 and they were not sure about mounting. They stated will get back to me with answer.Looks to me like most hydralifts on 5th wheels need 3 axles.New horizons offers hydralift as option from factory but their out of my price range.Please keep us (me) posted on your fullhouse findings I may go that direction with smallest garage.Good luck and happy house hunting!
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
pmwoodward

Hi Chuck,
Just a thought, if you offer to allow DRV owners to boondock at your home they may end up right at your door!

pmwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote