Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
impumalanga

2007 Rally & our 4-legged pals

What a great rally and great job Wayne! Was wonderful to see all the new faces and catch up with old friends.

During the rally folks were mentioning about the ticks.
Yesterday, I gave my 4-legged pal, Kelso a bath and found he not only had a few, he was infested with ticks. Not the big ones you can see but with tiny ones, almost covering his body. They are so small that even with tweezers (and my 50+ vision) are hard to pull off.

Thank goodness he has white skinned and I can find them more easily. But please, please, everyone check your pooches, these critters are nasty.

We are off to get the meds to get rid of them -- don't forget to check their bed too.

impumalanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
chismtrail_er

reat Rally & Ticks..

Add my kudu's to Wayne & all who put on a great rally. met lots of old friends and new ones too.

Unfortunately, ticks are prevalent in the woods and weeds this time of year, and we also found a few on our pooches. A good bath was in order, with a good de-ticker shampoo.

See you all in Iowa....Amana Colonies.

05 36TK3 #1557
DirecWay/DirecTV
chismtrail_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 AM   #3
Mogolfers

ticks

Just curious if either of you used Frontline or Advantix skin treatment. It is suppose to kill feas and ticks. Unfortunately Sadie is black and they are hard to spot. I think I'll treat her anyway. Great seeing everyone at the rally with their beloved pets.
2011 38REPS4 Mobile Suite #5831
"Each day is a gift"
Mogolfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
Hi Dave and Linda
We use Frontline Plus year round on our pooch. We full time and there seems to be the danger of fleas or ticks usually year round. We may back off the amount of treament time from one aplication to another if it is during the colder part of the year depending where we are but we use it year round. if our dog gets any ticks they fall off.
Years ago with another dog and 3 RV's ago we got Fleas and beleive me you don't want that experience! It took some serious flea bomming to get rid of them. I got bit up real bad until we got rid of them. It still grosses me out! I swear by the Frontline.
Janice
nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
billr

Thanks Bonnie for the info! We seem ok so far for the dogs, but they are very hard to spot with their coats! Will treat them when we get home to be sure. Also will spray the trailer areas. We don't have these problems up north this early in the year, should have been better prepared I guess.

I did find one on myself though, guess it was the night I went in the woods!! Joan was trying to put a Hartz collar on me!!! Actually we had a bushy area right by the connection side of the trailer, and I think thats where I picked it up. Geezz!!

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote