Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
mcbing55

MS Changes for 2008

Does anyone have a list of the changes being made on the '08 Mobile Suite? I was able to pick up on a few by looking at some dealer sites and their inventories. A visit to a dealer Saturday revealed a few disapointments--change from vinyl roof to epdm rubber, no nice scrolling on the bedroom mirrors, deletion of the drop serving bar in RS, TK and SB models to name only a few. Seems cost-cutting measures have cut cost only in manufacture while cost of the product has increased. What is your take on this?

mcbing55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
hitchup

Re: MS Changes for 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbing55
A visit to a dealer Saturday revealed a few disapointments--change from vinyl roof to epdm rubber, no nice scrolling on the bedroom mirrors, deletion of the drop serving bar in RS, TK and SB models to name only a few. Seems cost-cutting measures have cut cost only in manufacture while cost of the product has increased. What is your take on this?
I like the fact the prices aren't increasing as fast as some other manufacturer's. Costs for DoubleTree like every other company are increasing. I did a comparison on the 08 ES price sheet to see what ours might cost for replacement. Was more, but also gives us more standard items.

Dealer we went to on Sat, only has 08's on order & no Elites. Their 2007 had some things standard that we had to order & pay extra after delivery on our 2006.

Don't judge the "cost cutting" measures until you see them. Eliminating the drop bar in the kitchen. 1) saves weight 2) they may have redesigned the countertop more like the Elite version that's curved.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
bstark

Personally, I prefer the rubber roof over the vinyl. The only product that Doubletree certifies as 'safe-to-use' on the vinyl is Murphy's Oil soap and you might just as well use distilled water 'cause the Murphy's just doesn't remove the dirt and bring back the white like the multitude of products available for the rubber roof. If you try some product that cuts the dirt effectively, you may also discover it's cutting the bond between the vinyl and the roof surround caulking. Not a good thing!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
anijet

Re: MS Changes for 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup
Don't judge the "cost cutting" measures until you see them. Eliminating the drop bar in the kitchen. 1) saves weight 2) they may have redesigned the countertop more like the Elite version that's curved.
During the tour we did see the '08s being built and the counter top is curved and larger than ours. Some on the tour complained about the drop counter hiding the electrical outlet. We eliminated the drop counter when we ordered ours and I think it cleans up the appearance.
anijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

Seems I might be guilty on the island countertop changes. I custom ordered the top the same shape as the Elite and deleted the flip up counter extension. I thought I had something unique. Now you are telling me they are making it a standard. I got to pay extra for the privilege of prototyping it for them. Go figure. Nice job though. I am happy with it. I won't miss that heavy extension.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
hitchup

Website

It looks like DoubleTree is updating their website with 2008 interior pictures.

A few changes I noticed:
1) Upper Pantry looks like a sliding compartment system 2) 4-door 13 cf fridge is huge 3) lots of new fabric colors 4) Elite has different colors of granite tops 4) added a decorative backsplash behind the stovetop 5) cedar lined closets with shelving

Still looking for a wine rack!

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote