Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
matsonelite69

Landing Gear

Help Please, My front landing gear will not go up or down. Rear stab jacks are working fine as well as the slides. We were trying to carry our camper to let some close friends use it while there house is being repaired from damages from the April 27th Tornado. Any ideas??

matsonelite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
RonS

I dont have an aswer for you, but suggest you call Lippert the maker of the system. If you need to get the landing gear up now you can check your manual and use the hand crank that should have come with your unit. Please let us know what you find out, never know we may have the same problem down the road. Good Luck.........Ron

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
rdunk

Try running the bedroom slide in, and then try the jacks. If they still don't work, then run the b/r slide back out, and then try the jacks again. I also sometimes cycled the rear jacks.

I had a similar problem every now and then, and after moving other hydraulics around, the jacks would finally come up. I just charged it off to having air in the hyd lines, that usually disipates as they are cycled.

Hope you get it working quickly.

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
BlueSkyRanch

Do you hear the hydraulic pump run when you push the retract/extend button? If not, I would look for a loose wire at the pump or valve body.

If you do hear the pump run, I would do what Robert said with one modification. With all slides out, leveling jacks out too, I would check the fluid level. You should see a small amount of fluid still in the reservoir.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Motor31

I'm assuming your unit is not one of the early non hydraulic equiped trailers. If it is indeed an electric motor only system do try the manual extention method.

If the unit is hydraulic try these steps. Check to see if all of the knurled knobs on the solenoid activators are turned out (counter clockwise). If they are not out the fluid will bypass the item that it controls.

Make sure you have fluid to go beyond the half way point on the reservoir when everything is out. If not you will end up sucking air into the system. Mine has a bit over 1/4 inch of fluid above the mold seam of the reservoir when slides and jacks are extended. There is plenty of space in there when everything is retracted too.

If there is no pump action (running) when you use the jack switch you may just have a bad switch.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
golf_bears

I'll assume you have the hydraulic front jacks.

Had the same problem in Dec. of last year just as we were leaving for AZ. Finally removed the rocker switch which controls the front jacks only to find some wires had pulled out of the connectors. Rewired and all was fine.

Let us know what you find out???
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
I have the same exact symptoms regularly on my suite.

I just have to pull the fuse for a few seconds on the time delay thing that lippert put on the hydraulics.

So I would say it is the time delay thing that prevents the front from dropping when you hit the landing leg button.

2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote