Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
joleyred

Newbies

Hello to all. We are new to the site, new DRV owners. Not new to the rv world , we recently bought a 2016 from Wheels rv in Springdale. A 36RSSB3, and really love it. We are Arizona, New Mexico lovers and are anticipating winters away from Michigan soon. I am having an issue with very slow bathroom sink drainage. I removed the trap and it was clean, I screwed the vent out and checked it. No better. I am about to snake the drain pipe after the trap, just haven't yet. Any ideas out there? It's all new and should be clean. I appreciate any ideas. I also enjoy the forum.

joleyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
Cummins12V98

They assembled the sink plug assembly wrong. Mine drained horribly also. Also check to see that your water connection to the toilet is not cross threaded and tight. Don't ask!

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
joleyred

Did you just take the plug assembly out, or can it be corrected? I had it out when I took the trap off, seemed okay. Thanks Cummins.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

When tired of dealing with cheap RV stuff, just go to a Lowes/HD and get some regular house fixtures--I have found them to fit just as the factory stuff does. I didn't think it was possible to get stuff that was lower quality than what you find on the racks at the hardware stores, but even that is an improvement over what goes into RVs.
And, also check that all the traps under sinks are tight and lined up.....not fun finding out the trap has fallen off and you are draining right onto the floor.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
Did you just take the plug assembly out, or can it be corrected? I had it out when I took the trap off, seemed okay. Thanks Cummins.

It's been a year since I fixed it. I just looked and still can't figure out what I did. I can tell you my stopper when in the "UP" position has at least 1/4" under it for the water to drain.

Play around with the stopper assembly where it attaches to the sink drain tail pc.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
When tired of dealing with cheap RV stuff, just go to a Lowes/HD and get some regular house fixtures--I have found them to fit just as the factory stuff does. I didn't think it was possible to get stuff that was lower quality than what you find on the racks at the hardware stores, but even that is an improvement over what goes into RVs.
And, also check that all the traps under sinks are tight and lined up.....not fun finding out the trap has fallen off and you are draining right onto the floor.
Joe

I typically agree! But so far after one year of full time use my fixtures are doing fine.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #7
joleyred

I simply took the stopper completely out, which we really don't use anyway, the sink drains fine now. I have a hard time believing it was that simple. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #8
anijet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
I simply took the stopper completely out, which we really don't use anyway, the sink drains fine now. I have a hard time believing it was that simple. Thanks again.
I did the same years ago. Last week a spot of chrome finish came off the drain and the copper underneath was making a mess in the sink. I removed everything to the trap and replaced with household 1 1/4" no drain stopper plumbing. Looks nice and drains great. Never used the stopper anyway.
anijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
dugumr

Same problem with our 2015. The problem is the rubber portion underneath the stopper has a thin flap which folds down in an unwanted fashion and restricts the flow. Cut it off. I did months ago. Problem solved.

dugumr is offline   Reply With Quote