Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
terry and jo

Sadly, a Sort of a Saga Ends

Last weekend, I posted questions regarding the items we were considering on deleting in order to get the price of the Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 down a little more. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded with such valuable comments. I have come to value the opinions of all of you in our search for our Dream RV.

We went back to the dealer with our price sheet with the options we elected to take and put the Dinette Slide powered awning back into the equation. With all the answers from so many respondents, we decided that the Honda EU3000IS will be sufficient for what we anticipate.

While waiting in the dealership, I wandered through the part and accessories area, where I spotted a different satellite system. It is a portable one that can be moved around outside to a location with access to the satellite, and then it finds the signal on its own. Priced at about $745, it is a whole lot cheaper than buying the Winegard on the roof of the fifth wheel. Plus, that is less in the way of holes that is put in the roof.

Our salesman, who is also an assistant manager or something there, then started crunching the numbers. When he gave us the news, it was crunch time for Jo and me.

So, I am pleased to announce that we put down our deposit and ordered the Mobile Suites 38TKSB3. Based on forum comments that DRV takes about 12 weeks to build a fifth wheel, we should get ours sometime in mid to late May. So, unless something drastic happens, it is a DONE DEAL.

Of course, for those that aren’t aware of our plans, when our home sells, we will be living full time in the Mobile Suites while we continue to work. Then, once we retire, we will be able to hit the road full time. Until then, vacations and long weekends will have to suffice. But at least the dream will have begun.

We should get the Mobile Suites in time to go to an Oklahoma state park for either Memorial Day weekend or July 4th weekend. That way we can test things out more before we take our two week vacation in August up near Pagosa Springs, Colorado.

Oh, but wait……

……..the subject title said, “Sadly”.

Well, that is because now that our decision has been made, I’m going to have to find something else to while away my time instead of researching RV’s. Maybe I can now get some of those “other irons out of the fire” like completing the digitizing of my collection of vinyl records to put on CD’s. Of course, I will continue to keep up with the forums and the friends that I have met there.

Thanks again to all of you. We really look forward to meeting face to face someday.

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
wannabe

Maybe you could work on your book? LOL!!
Or am I beginning to sound like Jo?

wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
Maybe you could work on your book? LOL!!
Or am I beginning to sound like Jo?

Oh, no! You aren't even close. But, believe it or not, I had forgotten that little project when I posted before.

First of all, we have a bunch of stuff to sell.
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
morscuba

Congrats!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Your decision with the sat cube is a good one. I really like my roof dish but trees can be a pain. One thing (can't remember who suggested) get the extension 50amp plug in the front as well as the standard in the back. As soon as weather permits I am going to install one so I can carry and run my gensets from the back of the truck.
I did my vinyl project this winter sitting in the ice and snow. Over 150 albums and 94 cassetts put into my ipod, so good luck with that. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
missourijan

Congratulations! Hope you have many years of safe travel in your beautiful new home. We've lived in our Select since June 1, 2006 and love it. The design is almost perfect. I don't like the bathroom sink in the bedroom, wish they could have flipped it around and put it in with the toilet. Drv has been responsive and Wheels RV has done any service we needed efficiently, and we didn't purchase it from them.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
congratulations on your new unit. Hope your experience is as great as ours has been.

Drive safe and Enjoy live on the road!!!
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
i have to wonder about those portable units....they look like someone could just walk away with it.??? It is a great concept though.
We deleted wall light fixtures..now we have pictures there....and there is plenty of other lights in the ceiling...and we like having table lamps.
the china toilet is the best thing since sliced bread!!

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote