Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2022, 06:29 PM   #1
jbasshawk1

Best Mapping App

Hello all!

We're just about to purchase our first RV, a fifth-wheel, and almost immediately will be embarking on a road trip. Is there a mapping app that this group prefers or recommends? I'm looking for one that allow you to insert the dimensions of your rig to avoid low bridges and tricky turns. Thanks in advance!

jbasshawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
wjg315

I use RV Life Trip Wizard and it works really good for us. It lets you input your rig dimensions.

wjg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
jbasshawk1

That's one of the ones I came across and will be testing out. Thanks!
jbasshawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM   #4
Edd505

MS Streets and trips if you can find it.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:26 PM   #5
dmichaelf

I use RV Trip Wizard.
dmichaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:46 PM   #6
SkeetandJudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasshawk1 View Post
Hello all!

We're just about to purchase our first RV, a fifth-wheel, and almost immediately will be embarking on a road trip. Is there a mapping app that this group prefers or recommends? I'm looking for one that allow you to insert the dimensions of your rig to avoid low bridges and tricky turns. Thanks in advance!
Highly recommend the RV Life Trip Wizard, putting in all your vehicle(s) dimensions, fuel tank size, etc. When traveling you can download that RV route trip information to your phone. I still much prefer WAZE for driving but I also compare the two routes, double checking that WAZE keeps us clear of any low clearances. Also, nice to have an idea of where you might need to make a fuel stop, points of interest along the way if you make the time.
SkeetandJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:36 PM   #7
Edd505

Tucker Path works also, if the big rigs can go so can you.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:50 PM   #8
OneReallyOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeetandJudy View Post
Highly recommend the RV Life Trip Wizard, putting in all your vehicle(s) dimensions, fuel tank size, etc. When traveling you can download that RV route trip information to your phone. I still much prefer WAZE for driving but I also compare the two routes, double checking that WAZE keeps us clear of any low clearances. Also, nice to have an idea of where you might need to make a fuel stop, points of interest along the way if you make the time.
I recently got RV Trip wizard. It’s great. I haven’t figured out how to get my route into my phone for navigation. Can one of you walk me through it?
Phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:19 PM   #9
cmikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReallyOldGuy View Post
I recently got RV Trip wizard. It’s great. I haven’t figured out how to get my route into my phone for navigation. Can one of you walk me through it?
Phil
If you are using the desktop/computer version of the site, open the left hand "trip" window that shows all of your stops. The title of your trip will be in a red bar above all of the stops (eg "2022 vacation through the southwest"). Next to the title is a wrench icon. Click it. There are multiple ways to export or share your trip in this menu.

You could also download the Trip Wizard phone app and open the trip directly in your phone.
cmikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:05 PM   #10
OneReallyOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmikal View Post
If you are using the desktop/computer version of the site, open the left hand "trip" window that shows all of your stops. The title of your trip will be in a red bar above all of the stops (eg "2022 vacation through the southwest"). Next to the title is a wrench icon. Click it. There are multiple ways to export or share your trip in this menu.

You could also download the Trip Wizard phone app and open the trip directly in your phone.
I have the trip wizard on my phone but I could not get it to go to the GPS feature. I finally deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've got my trip loaded onto my phone so I'll find out if it works Saturday when we head to Michigan.
Thanks for the help.
phil
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:19 AM   #11
tonyy

Agree with the others about RV Life Trip Wizard. The best app ever.

tonyy is offline   Reply With Quote