Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
rotaxman

Email

I received this disrespectful email last evening from a forum member.

I've tried my best to ignore this but I'm not one to embrace being called stupid or immature. I am neither. At age 65 I'm past being immature.

I've always treated everyone the way I would want to be treated. The only time that my feathers have been up was back in the old days of past when I had to defend my name every day from the cheerleaders on this forum because of making real world posts about then Doubletree products.

It appears as of late that a new crop of brand cheerleaders are showing up on the forum a trend that reminds me to much of the days gone by that I mentioned above.

So I'm going to speak to the contend of this.

The email.
Jerry,

You seem to have a burr under your saddle about something on your MS. I am real sorry to hear that. I have had problems with my MS also but found that keeping civil and intelligent relations with the manufacturer worked way better in resolving the problems than making constant comments that put your intelligence and maturity into question.
Just a thought.......happy camping in your MS.
end of email.

You seem to have a burr under your saddle about SOMETHING on your MS.

Your statement implies that I have one problem had you done some research you would of found that there are many, many problems the worst being the incorrectly repaired defective frame. Had you done your research you would of been able to come to a more intelligent conclusion before or while you were composing this email. Instead you decided to talk about something that you knew nothing about.

I am real sorry about that.

Duly noted thanks for the sympathy.

I have had problems with my MS also but found that keeping civil and intelligent relations with the manufacturer worked way better in resolving the problems than making constant comments that put your intelligence and maturity into question.

Again you are talking about something that you don't know anything about. You or no one else knows what I have or have not done regarding relations with the manufacturer or how I have or have not conducted those relations civil ,intelligently or other wise. And furthermore its no ones business.

Next your statement about constant comments that put my intelligence and maturity into question. I have a 0.25 percent daily posting stat on the forum I don't think that number qualifies me as a constant comments poster. There are those that have posted more than me and less than me. Again you don't have any idea what your talking about and no facts to back it up. Had you done a little research you would of been able to make a more intelligent and mature decision as to write or not write your disrespectful email.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours but you are not entitled to disrespect me or anyone else on the forum or in private.

Here are a few options that you might take under consideration.

Join up with the SOITC its all peaces and cream also it is very intelligent and mature over there I think more suited to your taste.

Consider not reading any of my posts as they, no matter how hard you try will not meet your standard of posting nothing but great things about a brand. Particularly the current brand I own (DRV) 2nd one and last one.

Oh! and one more thing don't send me any more emails if you have something to say to or about me do it on the forum so the rest of the members will know what you are.

Just a thought...............happy camping in your MS

It seems that cheerleaders find it very easy to castigate a person that is having trouble with any given unit. They would all be singing a different tune if they had a huge pile of cash tied up in a product that had not met any kind of build standard.

I do apologize to all of the loyal followers of the forum and people that I consider as close friends on the forum that have submitted tons of very useful information to all of us who live in the real world of DRV ownership. Best wishes to you all and safe travels. This will probably be the last time you will see me here as I'm sure the administrator is going to kick me off the forum for this post.

I don't care this kind of childish behavior by the brand loyal cheerleaders grinds on me. If the forum is indeed going back to days of past I don't need to be here anyway.

As always good camping
Jerry

2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
5thwheeler

From the Administrator

Jerry
Why would I ban you from the Forum for stating your opinion?

As long as posts do not defame or slander - that's what a discussion is all about. Whether I agree or disagree with you is not an issue.

During the past few years I have stepped in a few times, but only to urge the posters to "chill-a-bit."

To all members of the Forum - let's try to keep "personalities" out of our discussions.

Talk on ..........................

Mike

5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
terry and jo

Jerry,

I've met Mike and I would have been extremely surprised had he banned you for that post. I would say you worded that statement very well.

Not to bring up SOITC, but one day on one of their forums, I referred to the ceiling fan as being useless. I then received a private message telling me I should trade our MS back for our old fifth wheel.

Since he sent it via private message, I informed him that he should do his research as well and he would see that we had researched our choice and was very pleased with it.

Hey, it must be something to do with that 65 thing.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
rotaxman

Thanks

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. Back before you became the Administrator this forum was a brutal place and there were two members that were kicked off because of negative posts.

The cheerleaders complained to the Administrator and they were gone just like that.

I do really hate these confrontations cause I'm an old guy and blowing a gasket over a cheerleader is just plane stupid. (Pretty funny right after stating I wasn't stupid huh??). Any way thanks for doing it like it should be done I do appreciate it.

Terry and Jo,

Yep the SOITC was the best thing that ever happened to this forum until just recently this has been a very pleasant and knowledgeable place to exchange information on problems, upgrades and fixes. It actually is still a pretty nice forum but from time to time there will be conflicts.

There used to be lots of hate mail pm's back in the old days.

Thank you also for the kind words

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
The View 5046

Being called a cheerleader means really nothing to me. Heck we may just sell our Suites, but if I were to buy another it would be a Suites. You should see the e-mails I get for being a Independent Conservative.. Again I could care less. However I found out a long time ago it does very little to complain on a forum. But some have to vent and its a good place to vent. Its behind a screen... and few will pay much attention to constant negativity. I do send PM's in many cases its to prevent other from having to see thoughts on certain issues.. But I always know there are some who will repost comments. Its also very easy to block others.... if you don't like their comments....

There will always be those who agree and disagree. But I try to post the facts and in most cases its because the facts are from hands on experience..... And it's cost tons of money.

What always seems strange is people try to hide everything about their past.... And if you have been on a computer your past isn't hidden. There is one thing for sure, if you have a RV there will be days of total frustration. I'm also 65 + and Love every birthday, and will never let a RV destroy my days.... Happy Trails.....

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
bstark

Jerry harkens back to the early days of these things and this forum when forming a club was discussed at length.

A few of the fellas who indicated they'd not be adverse to holding office in any club were of the variety that jumped on every negative post as though you were casting aspersions towards their first born. I myself received one of those castigating emails and answered it with an equally caustic rejoinder. Thankfully those days are all but behind us now.

Strangely the formation of the club went relatively smoothly with those early vehement "cheerleaders" perhaps being involved in the formation of the club but through the wisdom of those early members, not gaining re-election at first end of term. Funny how that democratic process works to weed out the most strident and abusive.

A forum such as this, to have any value at all, should encourage each and every owner to post his experiences, especially the negative ones. This is how relief is actually spelled. You get the chance to vent and also find out you're not alone in your frustration along with the information on how to go about rectifying your dilemna.

We can all be overbearing sometimes in our attempt to make our case but I believe we need those posts just such as every neighbourhood benefits by having it's curmudgeon or resident eccentric.

We have the right to ignore posters like Jerry with the customary "oh it's just Jerry complaining again" but we should never call into question his right to post or his ability to practice rational thought regardless of our feelings towards his offerings.

I will close with this admonishment to all who would choose to censor folks like Jerry, I guarantee there will be at least one time where you'll encounter a problem and will perform a search on these boards for information regarding same and it's subsequent repair, without posters like Jerry contributing your search may be fruitless.

Hang in there everybody and overlook each others foibles; you're all in this together!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Haggis

Well said Bruce.....Long live free speech eh!

Geoff
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
jimandsue60

I completely understand having problems with an expensive rv. I had big issues with a motorhome 2.5 times the cost of my Mobile Suites. I was able to get all my issues addressed by the manufacturer through courteous and thoughtful conversations, bringing the coach back to the manufacturer a couple of times. It was a long and tedious endeavor which I should not of had to do if there was proper quality control.

At no time did I ever say "MY Junk" 09 or whatever on any public forum. I did talk about my issues in a manor that would let every one know I had major problems but not try to demean any company. Doing so in my mind would probably stop any assistance from the company for support.

I always thought that if I did call my rv Junk on an open forum and wanted to resell it prospective buyers would most likely not want to buy my JUNK.

I know I do not know all the details of Jerry's issues, but I do know I would have handled it differently in public forums.

Jim
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
BlueSkyRanch

Ditto Jim (jimandsue60). I, like many of us, have had my share of warranty repairs and spent about 7 weeks getting everything fixed. Patience and civility has worked well for me. I believe one of the reasons DRV is still in business is because of the way they treat the vast majority of their customers.

Unfortunately, the problems with new RV's are industry wide. Quality control on some components are a huge issue that won't go away until or unless the RV industry tells suppliers enough is enough. That they (RV industry) will not tolerate the high defect rate that they are currently seeing.

"Patience and civility" - something we should all practice in our daily lives.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
westx

Jim, great post as all see we have a 2009 not without some problem but DRV worked great to fix all problems. Our 2009 is sure NOT A JUNK. We have friends with $1,000,000 motorhomes with problems all the time
Fulltimers since Sept. 06
westx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Gemstone

"I know I do not know all the details of Jerry's issues, but I do know I would have handled it differently in public forums" and that's great....for you, however we are all wired differently.

Until such time you (or I) have walked a mile in Jerry's shoes, we should keep our critique to ourselves.....just my opinion.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 03-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
jimandsue60

"Until such time you (or I) have walked a mile in Jerry's shoes, we should keep our critique to ourselves.....just my opinion. "

Jery brought a private message into a public forum at which time I felt the need to give my critique… just my opinion. If he did not want any critiques it should have not been made public. My response was well thought and and respectful to all involved.

Jim
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
RickandJanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandsue60
I completely understand having problems with an expensive rv. I had big issues with a motorhome 2.5 times the cost of my Mobile Suites. I was able to get all my issues addressed by the manufacturer through courteous and thoughtful conversations, bringing the coach back to the manufacturer a couple of times. It was a long and tedious endeavor which I should not of had to do if there was proper quality control.

At no time did I ever say "MY Junk" 09 or whatever on any public forum. I did talk about my issues in a manor that would let every one know I had major problems but not try to demean any company. Doing so in my mind would probably stop any assistance from the company for support.

I always thought that if I did call my rv Junk on an open forum and wanted to resell it prospective buyers would most likely not want to buy my JUNK.

I know I do not know all the details of Jerry's issues, but I do know I would have handled it differently in public forums.

Jim

Jim, great post!! I could not have said this better. Thank you!

RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote