Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
joshEyeti

Water pump runs continuously - no water leaks - water pressure is fine, no sputtering

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum. Forgive me if this issue has been covered but I have been searching on here and on Google but cannot find anything that is similar to my issue.

I live in my fifth wheel full-time. Recently my water pump started running continuously without any faucets being open. I checked all connections under the sinks, found no leaks, went underneath where the pump was located, and found no leaks there. I had a spare pump lying around, so I decided to put that in to see if the pump was the issue. It has not solved the issue, as it continuously runs the same as the last pump. When I changed the pump, I also put in a new in-line strainer. Still having the same issue.

The weird thing is, I have perfectly fine water pressure when any faucet is opened. Also just as weird, I have zero air sputtering out of the lines. I have turned on the water pump and opened every single faucet in the trailer, closing each one from furthest away from the pump to the closest to the pump. Still having the same issue.

I have been living in this trailer full-time for nearly 4 months, and have never had any issue like this prior. The trailer is fairly new, as it is a 2017. I have also checked all the winterization/fill valves to make sure that they are in the same position as they were. All switches are in the correct position, but just to be sure I switched them back-and-forth to make sure everything was seated correctly.

When I turn on the water pump and stick my head under the kitchen sink, I can hear what sounds like air leaking.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is mine and my families home, so it is imperative that we get this water system working correctly. Thank you and God bless.
joshEyeti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, leak, pump, shower, water