Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #21
Master Logger

i changed all 4 of mine a few months ago . had 3 with delam and tears .I still had 2 months of warranty and MorRyde sent me 3 for free and I had to pay for the 4th one .
The first one took just over a hour , the remaining ones about 45 min . the trick is to loosen the 1 1/2 nut on the torque arm about 1/4 inch , that lets the torque arm move out and lets the new spring slide into place easily . bolt the outside up first , and then the inside forward top bolt , then use a jack or porta power to swing and flex the spring until the remaining bolts can be installed . then tighten by hand the 1 1/2 nut until its tight , the back off 1 flat to give it clearance , install lock nut .

Master Logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #22
steadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4happyfeet View Post
Are the suspension units heavy? Is it practical for a one-man job?
I would talk to Morryde again if you are planning on moving the suspension to the lower holes by yourself. Safety first.

steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #23
Master Logger

not heavy , use your jacks to pick up your coach until all tires are 1 inch off the concrete , remove tire . I looking at the pic of your tire touching the bolts I have no doubt that you have a spring that has failed completely , it should be easy to see with a flashlight .
Looks like you have a 2019 MS 41 RKSB4 so no doubt it will be warranted and they should pay for the install JMO . I did mine by myself but I work with heavy stuff everyday , if you are decent mechanic it is doable .. hardest part will be flexing spring into place so be sure to use the inside forward upper bolt as a pivot point , the use a jack to swing the mounting plate until the holes align .
Master Logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #24
4happyfeet

Thanks for the advice, Master Logger. Very helpful. I’ll be sure to check with Morryde Monday, steadfast. They wanted me to send pictures for diagnostics.
2021 Ram 3500 HO DRW
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #25
wingnut60
Site Team

If you do the repair yourself, and as said above, it is doable by the average guy--probably will help to have a drift pin/center punch to help line up the holes and hold them in place to put the bolts in. Would be good idea to at least replace the crush washers or get new Grade 8 bolts, nuts, washers.

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote