Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
4Kings

Looking for a flat panel lcd tv

Our Wilcat came with a Concertone 17" 12V LCD TV. I haven't inquired at the dealer about the cost of anther one. Does anyone know of any 12V LCD flat panel TV's. The bedroom is already wired and has a bracket, but no 110V is available.

Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
Toterman2

I saw a nice unit at the sams club for about 100.00 but they were out of stock and have yet to get in any new ones. I was also shopping at Best Buy, they had a nice unti but it was about 250.00. Might want to check them out. David

Old 05-23-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
CAMPDOG

flat lcd

Dealer cost on the 17" is in the 5 to 6 hundred range on the concertone I think. I got a 120volt and an inverter doesn't take a very big inverter to power my 15". I got a 15" Sylvania at circuit city out of box special for $325 with free mounting bracket (returned for $129)
CAMPDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
MDTdriver

Cost of LCD TV

Try Circut City or Best Buy 17in LCD TV about 4 to $600 . Your dealer/MFG probley paid less. Good Luck
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
KingRanch

Send a message via MSN to KingRanch Send a message via Yahoo to KingRanch
LCD's

Try Tiger Direct or Compute Geeks
http://www.tigerdirect.com/
http://www.geeks.com/
Good prices
John
2005 M2 Sportchassie
2006 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #2430
KingRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
tipanring

Flat Panel for Concetone POS

I've done some homework on the Concertone system that comes with most of the Forest River line of 5ers and TT's. The system is neat in that everything works on 12v DC. However, this causes problems down the road if things begin to break.

The Monitor is a Dual Function LCD computer monitor. This means it accepts VGA signals from a PC and also NTSC signal from TV. They also accept S-Video and D-sub. What it is NOT capable of is tuning. Therefore it needs to work in "concert" with the CONCERTONE unit. You'll also note the remote control does not operate the monitor. It requires 12VDC for power.

The Concertone unit does several things. It is a TV tuner, both air and cable, and it is a DVD player, AM/FM radio, CD player and most have the connection for a XM sattelite. Pretty neat setup, until something goes bad.

If you are thinking of replacing the monitor, you can purchase a flat panel tv but you need to connect the concertone signal to an AV input. THis would bypass the tuner in your new flat panel. Also, the new flat panel will need to be plugged in for power. If your floorplan is anything like mine, there is no 120VAC outlet convenient to the entertainment system. Remember the original Monitor is 12vdc

I've read lots of posts on other forums that bring up many problems from these units. One problem I've seen is that the dealer fails to properly educate the owner on its use. 5.1 surround sound is probably the main issue.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough about a post dating back more than a year, and I hope someone may find what I've put here usefull.
2003 Sierra Denali
tipanring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Tom Lutz

Send a message via AIM to Tom Lutz
Visit www.JENSENRVDIRECT.com for 19" 12v or AC/DC TV made specifically for RVs and currently installed in new Keystone Montana 5th wheel models.

Tom Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote