Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
stanleyz

TPO roof. Do i need a new one (pics here)

15 year old Mobile Suites. Cleaned and maintained reasonably well. It is not leaking. But today I gave is a quick wash down and I'm seeing several areas where it appears worn. So can anyone look at the pics and give me an EDUCATED opinion about the condition. If not would a close up picture help? Does anyone know of a cover or sealer product that would prevent leaks or extend life of roof. And is anyone familiar with roof replacement places (home base is ATL) that do good work. What should a recover cost me? Thanks for the response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9641.jpg (148.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9637.jpg (155.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9634.jpg (138.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9635.jpg (129.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9636.jpg (132.2 KB, 11 views)

Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Stanley,
RVRoofArmor is a good replacement roof, but cost is going to approach 1/3 of value of the Suites. Friend of mine has his done but insurance paid due to hailstorm--believe it was in the $8k range for his 36' Excel. Even a replacement membrane is going to be $4k+ I would think.
Check out the brand Henry's roof coatings at Home Depot/Lowes. They have one that is compatible with your roof.
Also, check out DIY CrazySeal.com

Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
stanleyz

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply hope all is well for you and yours. I checked out the web site, looks good and reasonably easy but does it work? Do you know anybody who tried it? I have about a mile of Eternabond tape on all the edges, lot of work to remove that stuff but I guess it would be worth it. Poster on the other thread opined that it might be mold I'm seeing. I have to look in to that before I do anything else.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

Stanley,
Have traded the Suites for a Tiffin MH--needed an accessible bathroom without having to find a safe stopping place. Already missing the room we had compared to same length MH.
IF you are planning your Suites to continue to be your last one, then the RV Roof Armor is your best answer. Lifetime guarantee, and they will fix any problems under the membrane.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
stanleyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Stanley,
Have traded the Suites for a Tiffin MH--needed an accessible bathroom without having to find a safe stopping place. Already missing the room we had compared to same length MH.
IF you are planning your Suites to continue to be your last one, then the RV Roof Armor is your best answer. Lifetime guarantee, and they will fix any problems under the membrane.
Tiffin, nice. I get the urge for a DP daily but keep beating it back. In fact I asked on this forum for opinions from those who have owned both. Got the answers I expected but I'm still not convinced. At 77 thats a big check to write not knowing how long I'll be able to keep travelling.

So, I guess i'll keep patching on the MS. The newer 5ers have some nice stuff but that's just more to break and repair, lol'

As to the roof I'm gonna try treating it as mold or mildew first. If that don't work the web site you sent me to for the coating looks interesting and doable for a lot less than 8000 dollars. I will not put an 8000 dollar roof on a 10,000 dollar trailer. That I know. I'll park it on a lake and put a roof over it. Thanks for your response and happy travels.