Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
bardave

MS For Sale

2006 - 36TK3 - Mobile Suites FOR SALE….to answer your first question… we are selling because of our age and just leery of driving this big rig and we purchased a second home in another town.

This trailer is fully loaded; pinless hydraulic jacks; two 15,000 BTU AC’s all ducted
GE Avantium Microwave; central vac; 12 cu/ft side by side fridge; King Size bed; Trail air suspension air ride; two patio side awnings; slide toppers; slide out storage rack in basement, 8K axels; Plus much more….

We have taken it on 4 short trips and one long 72 day trip from Houston to Western Washington State (trailer miles were 574. Only one problem came up on this long trip, grease being slung out of one wheels lug nuts – turns out a cap was not seated properly and was an easy fix. I also added the delay timer to the hydraulic system. The remainder of the time it is stored in enclosed storage. Non-smokers, but do have one 14 pound furry family member,

Original MSRP …. $85,533

We added Kenmore washer and dryer 1200
A 7 Year extended service contract 3153
Hard wired Surge protector 350
Removable sunscreens for all large windows 600
Will leave with the trailer all the accessories, like hoses, 5th wheel lock, tire locks, leveling boards, hoses, hose containers, wheel chocks and other misc stuff needed in a fifth wheel basement Approx cost 490

Total Cost $91,326

Sale Price $85,000

Oh, did I mention this price also includes the 2007 F 350 Ford, 6.0 diesel; crew cab, dually, 4.3 axel, tow boss; rated for GCWR of 26000 pounds. I was fully loaded in the trailer, ready for full timing, 4 passengers in the truck, full fuel, with full water tanks on the fiver, and possess weight tickets for 24,900 pounds. MSRP of this truck was $47,900. I also added to the truck, a spray in bed liner, lockable roll top for the long bed, a 20 K Reese hitch; Blue Ox bed saver; LoJack; and tinted front windows. Also includes the 5 year extended warranty (This is another $5800 added to base cost of the truck)

Individually will sell at 32.5K for the truck and 56K for the 5th wheel and/or 85K for both

We purchased the Trailer Aug 06, but did not move it until delivery of our truck, late Nov 06. As I write this note, (1 Nov 07), both units are about 11 months old.

Cell 713 409 1662 (1st choice)
Home 281 991 0061

David & Barbara Maxwell
US Army retired (20+ years)
USAF retired (20+ years)
After 40+ years - time to go play
bardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Darn it! Why do all the good deals pop up AFTER I bought what I need?

Great combo, great price!

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
bardave

sorry it has taken so long to inform that this rig was sold.... procrastination, combined with being busy and still travelling...has taken me a while to get back to this site.

sold the 5ver within a week...
... of the calls and inquiries not one person was interested in the truck.... oh well it would have been a good deal for someone..
traded it in and received 38 K trade in value....so it was a better deal for me....

David & Barbara Maxwell
US Army retired (20+ years)
USAF retired (20+ years)
After 40+ years - time to go play
bardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
Gunship Guy

Congrats on finding a buyer.

I have my combo for sale and could have sold the truck for full asking price the day after listing it. The issue is I won't sell the truck before the trailer. Seems like everyone who contacts me already has a trailer and just needs a better truck.
Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
luv2cruise

Gunship Guy,

I've been watching your ad over on the Escapee's forum. Sorry that you haven't had better luck. If your MS would have sold quick, I would have posted ours to try to sell. Guess we'll just have to trade - we are going to the "darkside" to a Tiffin 40' Phaeton.

Good Luck and hope it sells soon!
2004 36TK3 Mobile Suites #0752
https://deanandjanice.blogspot.com
SKP # 89736
luv2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Gunship Guy

Escapees is the only place I've actively been trying to sell it. I still use it when in VA and will be working out of this area until May. As that time gets closer I'll be more aggressive and post on RV Trader. I actually had it sold and under contract but the buyer ran into some personal problems and can't start fulltiming for another couple of years.

We have mixed feelings because it has been such a pleasure to own. We had the combo set up for many years of family camping but job commitments changed all that. Even if we decide to keep it it will sit idle most of the time now.

Have fun with your new Phaeton. Those are very nice MH's.
Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
macie

I purchased bardaves trailer. What a machine. Ginger & I have been lusting for one of these for over three years. They are always the best looking 5er at RV Shows. In October we did the factory tour, that did it! Then Daves add. This trailer is better then new. Cleaner then some new ones seen on dealer lots. When not in use it was stored inside. He said they never wore shoes in side. (You know that’s what wares out carpet) Dave went through all the grief of warranty work, adjustments, and up grade modes, etc. Since purchase we pulled over 2000 miles & 7 states. Not a problem. Dave & Barbara are super people, sorry there not Rving any more.

11 MS 36 RSSB #5770
Level Up, Trail Air Tri-Glider, Straight Line Towing
2013 3500 RAM DRW 2 wheel Drive Lets Roll
macie is offline   Reply With Quote