Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #21
Beachgirl

Our dealer was on top of this brake issue and will install the cam when he installs the hitch. Whew!

So the last concern I have is getting the trailer level with the truck using that air hitch. I haven't gotten to talk to the dealer due to the bad weather. They have been closed. Almost over every hurdle, lol.

I plan to install the Line-X next week on the truck. I also ordered a tonneau cover that has cross bows. That should fit over the hitch. Only thing I have left is the PressurePro, and maybe a camera system for the trailer. Our truck has a camera on it.We aren't too swift on stuff like that, so may have to enlist our neighbor's aid.

I priced the Pressure Pro, tho. $190 for the basic system, and $50. sensor per tire. I don't know how easy this is for a DIY. Our dealer quoted me something in the neighborhood of $650., but I think that was just for the RV. Not sure.

Thank you all again for all of your help!!

Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
Walt

I just bought the TST tire montoring system for $399.00. Eight sensors with replaceable sensor batteries. Model #TM-507RV/SE. It really works great. Make sure your cover rails don't go above the bed rails so you loose more clearance between the underside of the trailer and your truck rails.

2019 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #396674
2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 DRW 4WD
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
Beachgirl

Walt!

I owe you a big thanks!! I had ordered a cover that was on rails that would have increased my bed rail height by about 3"! I just never thought of that! Thanks to you, I was able to stop that order before it shipped and switch to the Extang RT, a low profile cover . Thank you sooo much!

I'll look into the TST system. I hope these posts are helpful to other newbies who are just as inexperienced as we are, lol.

Again, thank you so much!

Beachgirl
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
Walt

Beachgirl,

You are very welcome. That is what these forums are all about. Helping each other!!

Walt
2019 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #396674
2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 DRW 4WD
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #25
jcasey

New Truck for the MS 38 RSSB3

More information:
According to Carlisle, the brake controller supplier, the 2011 Ford truck is compatible to the Carlisle brake controller mounted on DRV trailers without the HBA-CAM--therefore none is needed.

That is not true for those using the 2011 Chevy/GMC tow vehicle, which does require the HBA-CAM to be installed on a DRV.

DRV offers the HBA-CAM as an option and has notified all dealers to ask the potential buyers the type and year of the tow vehicle to determine if the optional HBA-CAM should be ordered.

Not all units, depending upon which tow vehicle is to be used, require the HBA-CAM. Therefore, installing a HBA-CAM in all units is unwise since some don't need it. There has also been resistance to the idea of installing it on all units whether needed or not.
2011 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke F350 Super Cab, AT, DRW, Lariat. with Ride-Rite Firestone Air Bags. Used to tow 2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5568, which is equipped with Center Point Suspension, Trailair Hitch, Level-Up, dual pane windows, Satellite Finder, 17.5 Tires, Dual Air, Valley/Husky 24,000 5th wheel hitch.
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
jas24

tonneau cover

Beachgirl,

Congrats on the new truck and Mobile Suites.
You might want to check out a tonneau cover that is called RollNLock.
It is a retractable aluminum tonneau cover that you can lock in different
positions and they even say you could walk on it.......
As I remember they are a little pricey, but that will be the next one I buy.

Good Luck

06 F-350 Lariat 4x4 V-10 CC SRW LB
06 Mobile Suites 36CK3
jas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
ishie

Send a message via Yahoo to ishie
Re: tonneau cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24
Beachgirl,

Congrats on the new truck and Mobile Suites.
You might want to check out a tonneau cover that is called RollNLock.
It is a retractable aluminum best tonneau covers that you can lock in different
positions and they even say you could walk on it.......
As I remember they are a little pricey, but that will be the next one I buy.

Good Luck
hi just wanna ask if you know how to remove a tonneau cover? and is it okay to use an aftermarket one?
ishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #28
wingnut60
Site Team

ishie,
All tonneau covers are aftermarket--removing one is just the reverse of installing it. Some are a lot heavier than others, some are just plain awkward to handle, most require 2 or more people to get them off. There are lighter fabric ones that roll up to cab and can stay on while towing--choices are limited only by $$$ you want to spend.
Just google 'tonneau covers' or 'pickup bed covers' and look them over.
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote