Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
ravenper

slides malfunctioning

We are on our second trip this year. Everything worked great the first time out. This trip the front jacks went too high when I pressed the right and left buttons at same time which always raises front to hitch height. This time it went to high and the screen beeped and read error abort message. I was not able to get into manual mode to lower front jacks. Each time the pump would run like it was trying to raise the front again. I called Lippart but it was good Friday and they were closed. Then I called Butch down in Knoxville, RV's for Less. His guy told me I could pull the panel out and disconnect power supply and wait a bit which i did. After that I was able to lower front and hoop up. Then I also retracted rear jacks and continued on to the Outer Banks. When we arrived at the Ocean Waves Campground I began to set up and turned on the jack system to lower the front jacks. They started going down but stopped before hitting the ground. I plugged in shore power to see if that made a difference and I was able to extend to disconnect truck. Then I tried auto level and it managed to extend the jacks and stablize the unit. But it was high in front. We came inside and put the slides out without a problem. I checked the batteries and one was fairly low on water so I filled all cells. I figured overnight charge might help. This morning I was going to cycle the slides in order to remove air and started with dinette slide and it started coming in but slowed and stopped halfway. So I tried to extend out again and it did return out except for a small space near bottom at door side. Didn't seem to have the normal thrust and power. So I removed the batteries to go have them checked. They checked out OK but are three+ yrs old so I bought new ones. Put them in and tried the same slide and it barely moved in so I extended it out again. I did try to auto level and it went through motions and beeped successful. It was still high in front so I lowered front jacks to where bathroom door stays where you place it. I did the zero set calibration when the jacks where high the first time so I think the auto level just returns to that level. Im going to wait to see if charging the new batteries might be the trick. Wondering if anybody has ever had these kind of issues? Appreciate any suggestions, THANKS, Paul