Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
Helipilot

Life Changes

Seems like life is always changing. Our retirement plans were on track until my son who is a 100% disabled veteran from Iraq got a divorce and we wound up with his two kids. We adopted one and have custody of the other and at 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 our life is totally changed. All our energy has evaporated.

We have decided to sell our garage kept 2011 DRV 36RSSB3 with vanity slide, Samsung residential refrigerator, new Good year tires,new front heat pump, new Trojan batteries, New purple mattress we have yet to sleep on and a host or other things.

We also will be selling our loaded 2015 GMC crew cab diesel dually with the Companion hitch,and Rhino lined bed, and heated/cooled seats. Truck has leather seats in the mocha/dark mocha colors. The truck is white with 57,000 miles with all maintenance records by the dealer. Complete package $89,000 and I will deliver for expenses,

Roger at 501-352-4464

Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Cummins12V98

Good luck with your future adventures.

Pics will help you sell it, more the better.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #3
ACFBrill48

Life changes

Sorry to hear your energy has been depleted and you are leaving the RV life. In recent years we have taken on taking raising two children not related to us. In our sixties and having our retirement plans in place, it was quite a change. That did not stop us. We simply began traveling with the kids. Great fun and educational. We had to change from a 40' diesel pusher with a floor plan for two to a 52' three bedroom, five slide fifth wheel that we pull with a Volvo semi tractor with the sleeper converted to seating for six. With my wife's increasing disability we are going back to a large motorhome with a couple of bunks so that my DW has access to a couch or bed when she can no longer sit. We sincerely hope things start looking up for you folks. We have a special ministry in our local church that supports older folks raising children once again. Let me know if you would like more information about how to set up something similar in your area. Blessings my friend.
ACFBrill48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Helipilot

Thanks for the reply ACFBrill48 and thanks for your efforts to save the kids. They are our future. We are 75 and 74, still in good health but the energy is not there right now.
God Bless you and yours and Merry Christmas.
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #5
EricMe

Best wishes

Helipilot -
Have you considered continuing on you adventure with the kids? School systems/VPKs are not what they used to be and I have recently transitioned both of mine to homeschool.
EricMe is offline   Reply With Quote