Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
Campingnut

Roof Question

Sorry but this may seem like an odd question but I can not make up my mind. We have a 2018 38rssa with the 3/8" roof we also have have the tin round corners of the roof lifting. We are in Canada and can not get it back to the factory as they said the would replace the 3/8" as goodwill which I thought was very generous of them as we bought the unit used. The question is should I just repair the lifting corners on the roof or should I spend the extra and replace the plywood at the same time. Shipping the trailer to the factory would cost about as much, if not more, then replacing the roof here in Canada. My real question is do these trailers realy need a 1/2" roof.

Thanks Tim

Old 09-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
porkchop

I've personally had 6 DRV's starting with a 2007 unit. Never had a problem with the roofs, however I did have a 2014 that 1 corner of the round corner lift. A screw and a bunch of roof sealant took care of it. And it seems to me that I'm on the roof just looking a lot. Good luck. Have a new 2021 on the way!!

Bill

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
Campingnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
I've personally had 6 DRV's starting with a 2007 unit. Never had a problem with the roofs, however I did have a 2014 that 1 corner of the round corner lift. A screw and a bunch of roof sealant took care of it. And it seems to me that I'm on the roof just looking a lot. Good luck. Have a new 2021 on the way!!

Bill
LOL... I seem to be on the roof atleast once a month. I am leaning toward keeping the 3/8" roof
Old 09-07-2020, 09:58 PM   #4
OCB

I had a similar problem with MS 38PS3 built in Oct 2015. This picture is the ODS rear looking forward. There this one long spot and 4 more 12-18 long

IMG_7970.JPG
The metal came loose from the plywood. My case was the glue to hold rounded metal down was in the wrong place. Staples was to apply pressure to the glue but there was a mis-match of location. I took the RV to the factory for repair. I suppose it took 5 hours to take the rubber roof loose on both sides for inspection and repair and return to normal. Only one side needed repair.

I had had talked an independent mobile repairman who specialized in rubber roofs. His message was as long the rubber is pliable, a person can lift the side, make the repairs and put the rubber back down. Should not be costly. Talk the to the fellows at the factory who do warranty repair. They should be able to Help You and any Repairman
Clay
OCB is offline   Reply With Quote