Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
bedroom slide

Hi Jack, You have a problem I have not had. Everything that keeps that slide gliding in and out is under the bed. There isn't anything else that supports its travel. If the fellows in the RV place can't fix it for some reason, you and I will dig into it when you get back to the land of the sun. Since I got the house I'm less than a football field from the front entrance now. If that slide is now running cocked, something has loosened up under the bed. We can figure it out together. Since I'm not out weighing rigs I have some "free" time now.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Jack in Alaska

Stacey,

Thanks for the offer of help. I appreciate that.
My idea is that the bottom of the slide box has some screws that may have loosened, are sticking out and catching in the carpeting on that side.
As you know it is pretty cramped on that side for me to get my 300 LB. a-- down under there to look.
I intend to obtain a 6" x 48" x 1/4" piece of teflon and put it under that side and screw it to the floor. That will provide a smooth and tough surface to carry the slide in/out. Maybe one on each side would be better although it only catches on the front side and comes back in with only a slight jerking.
I am also thinking of an electric valve on my gray water. The cable puller is really tight.
Looking forward to seeing you again this winter.

Thx. again for the offer.

Jack

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
terry and jo

This is not related to your issue with the slide, but the previous two posts appear to be "answers" to an entirely different forum thread. Jack's initial question is in the thread entiltled:

Bedroom Slide Hanging up going out???

And the link to that initial question is this:

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...pic.php?t=3715

So, what gives with the split threads?

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I made the mistake in trying to answer his thread, but for some reason I could not do it. So I had to start a new thread to answer him, my fault. Or my computers fault?? Jack didn't do anything but ask the question.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
terry and jo

That explains it to me, Stacey.

Back some time ago, I found that with two different web browsers I could log onto them but could never comment. They would give an error about not being logged in, but when I'd check, I'd be logged in and able to check private messages.

I changed to using Firefox exclusively for any forums that I participate with and have had no problems since. Good luck with your computer issues.

Heh, I have my own issues with my laptop. Seems I've got a corrupted hard drive and can't even turn on the machine and get to anything other than BIOS functions. New hard drives are ordered, and now I have to rely on the wife's smaller laptop.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Jack in Alaska

Jeeeezzzzz,
I thought for a minute I was in big trouble but alas....that is not the case.
The problem with my computer is the big fat fingers punching the wrong buttons.

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote