Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #1
Okie

Thanks for being here.

Well the time for me to bit the bullet has come. Our coach is over 10 years old and I can see many dollars going into it so we have traded it in. with it's troubles it has been a great unit. Most of the problems have come from tires coming apart. I could see roof problems coming up. Then thinking about the life time bearings, who's life time? The price of a new DRV plus the fact that is is owned by someone else had me looking else where. I said I would keep it until I found something I liked better. Well I think I did. It's a Forest River Columbus front living room 381FL. We have had it for a week now and have gone through it for problems and have found some small nic nacs wrong so it's going back o the dealer for fixes then off on the road for a real check out.
This forum has been a fantastic help with tips and fixes over the years and I want to say thanks to all of you. I will be checking things out here from time to time. Happy Trails to ALL!

Okie

Larry Driver
MSGT USMC RET.

Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
Janet H
Site Team

Good luck with your new rig - it sounds like you are well on your way to another great adventure.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
wingnut60
Site Team

Okie,
We also have an '05, but it is holding together pretty well--no plans to replace it.
Good luck with the FR.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
GlennWest

We were disappointed with our 2006 MS 32TK3. Love our older Teton
Old 05-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
hitchup

We just finished a project near Fort Wayne. Since we had a free day, went up to Shipshewana and toured Continental Coach factory.
I think our 2014 will be our last Suite (of 3). Came from factory w/a few missing items. But as we drove to Albuquerque, things started dropping off.
Pulled into dealer to get oil-bath hubs switched and gray tank handle replaced. We discovered we'd lost a front jack footpad, an awning wire cover and an axle bearing had rusted out.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
Army Guy

Good luck on your new purchase. We have an 06 and are lovin it. We have no plans to replace it.

Seeing the country we Defend.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #7
HOWITTRO

David and Vickie
Does the Continental brand compare to DRV in terms of quality and thicker walls etc. We have not purchased yet and are still researching
Bob
HOWITTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
Cummins12V98

Contact Alicia at Rolling Retreats she can answer all your questions about the Continental.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #9
MooseSuite

The Continental manufacturer might be of assistance as well as a dealer.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #10
porkchop

Only one dealer in the world. That is Rolling Retreats. Other than them, contact the factory. Bring both check books.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #11
Kerry

I have a 2015 MS Dallas - 43'. Really disappointed with the quality of the unit. I was at the factory for 3 days having things fixed and while I was there I looked at Forks RV, Continental Coach. Really nice unit, fit, finish, and quality. But, they are heavy with heavy pin weight. Definitely will need a MDT or HDT for the bigger units, however they are nice and DRV units don't hold a candle to them, and the price is a little higher.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #12
hitchup

Just left Rolling Retreats on Sat morning. All 3 AC's decided they didn't like the NM heat, so decided to quit when we fired them up after sitting for nearly 5 wks unplugged. Units 1 & 3 first and then Zone 2 in BR decided to blow up 5 days later.

Luckily, RR was on the way to reassignment in SE OK, so we dropped it off , headed to a Motel and didn't have to wait for their to arrival and installation.

While there, Alicia showed us a Continental Coach floor plan she is having ordered for RV/Trade shows. Too long for us at 43'+, but will have rear bath and huge kitchen. She and Slade are trying to work with Forks to get weight and pricing down to compete better with the Elite Suites.

We're still contemplating our options...
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup View Post
Just left Rolling Retreats on Sat morning. All 3 AC's decided they didn't like the NM heat, so decided to quit when we fired them up after sitting for nearly 5 wks unplugged. Units 1 & 3 first and then Zone 2 in BR decided to blow up 5 days later.

Luckily, RR was on the way to reassignment in SE OK, so we dropped it off , headed to a Motel and didn't have to wait for their to arrival and installation.

While there, Alicia showed us a Continental Coach floor plan she is having ordered for RV/Trade shows. Too long for us at 43'+, but will have rear bath and huge kitchen. She and Slade are trying to work with Forks to get weight and pricing down to compete better with the Elite Suites.

We're still contemplating our options...
With regards to that above in bold letters, if I remember right, Slade told me that Forks RV had asked them what they (Forks) could do to sell more units. To me, that indicates that Forks is interested in finding a way to do more and sell more. Time will tell on that bit of speculation on my part.

Also, again if I remember right, Alicia told me that in the future, Forks RV would no longer take orders at the factory and that they had to be ordered through Alicia and Slade at Rolling Retreats. It says something when a custom builder seeks out and asks a dealer to become their exclusive dealership.

Larry, good luck with the Columbus. I've seen a few of those in both Twin Fountains RV Park in OKC (lived right next door to them) and here at Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort near Colorado Springs.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
Snidely Whiplash

Deleted
Deleted
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #15
MooseSuite

T&J have close relations to the Rolling Retreats owners, have been seeing his posts for years, very knowledgable fellow with DRV products and very helpful.
He shows up on the sites I look at.