Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
Low 'n Slow

2010 36 RSSB3 question

I haven't been on the forum for a few years. I plan to look at a 2010 36 RSSB3 next weekend. I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback or any information on this rig.

The fiver has been modified with the MOR/ryde suspension, 17.5 wheels and tires. The pin box was also modified with the Mor/ryde pin box rubber kit. I am not positive about the disc brakes.

The fiver does not have a generator or washer/dryer. It is plumbed for a washer/dryer, but not the generator. The fridge is the 4 door Dometic I believe with ice maker.

I would use the rig for part time living. My wife does not want to live in it full time. I would use it in the winter to escape the snow and be a snowbird. I would also use it in the summer for camping. I expect we would use it approximately 6 months out of the year. Is it too small? Would a 38 ft be better? I currently have a 30 ft fifth wheel.

I have never owned a Mobile Suites, but I believe for the money it is probably the best fifth wheel made.

I will be pulling it with a 2015 GMC Denali Dually Dmax... 1,500 miles (brand new)

Any comments appreciated.

Low 'n Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
MooseSuite

Disc brakes are standard on MS.

Mods done are big $, but excellent.

Make sure you have the tow vehicle to pull it. Check out with your DOT or MOT your proper drivers licensing required for the weight. Over 23,000 pounds combined truck and trailer you may need a special licence in your State or Province.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Joezilla

Low n Slow,

My wife took one look at the living room in a 36' Mobile and immediately said she could not handle this. That's why we went with a 38' Select, at the time we could not afford a 38' Mobile. The extra 2 feet is nearly all in the living room. We full time in ours and have for nearly 4 years.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
terry and jo

Low and Slow,

By the way, I know your occupation, and I hope you really aren't "low and slow."

This is Terry and we talked a while ago on the phone. Here is a location online where one can find the brochures and other information for the different model years, as well as some modifications that folks have made. This website is owned and maintained by some of the SOITC members.

http://drv-owners-manual.com/

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #5
wanaBretiered

Just picked mine up this past weekend and it is weighty!!
We looked at a 38 foot with the same floor plan. My opinion is that the extra 2 feet is mostly located in the bedroom. The living area is almost the exact same size. That is one reason we went with the 36 foot.
I have a big learning curve on just finding were they put all the switches, plumbing and acces for hot water tank, water pump etc...
I did not have a heat pump on my Cameo so I will learn about that as well.
We plan to use our the same as yours. I am heading on vacation in 12 days so I will keep in touch on the forum and let you know what we like and dislike compared my old 5er.
My wife loves all the storage, kitchen, bigger fridge and so on so I think this will be a great unit for us.
We are 3 Myself, my wife and our special needs 21 year old, the pull out couch is perfect for her.
So I will be able to talk about the living quarters more once we all settle in.
Kevin
wanaBretiered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #6
rvdon

Hope to have our 36 RSSB3 the 1st part of August. I agree the 2 ft. is mostly in the upper area. We spent a lot of time in the 38 RSB3. We really liked it but the additional 2 ft. for local parks we go to would be tough. The factory told us the dining/living room slide is the same size in both units.
Enjoy your new coach.

Don
rvdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry and jo View Post
Low and Slow,

By the way, I know your occupation, and I hope you really aren't "low and slow."

This is Terry and we talked a while ago on the phone. Here is a location online where one can find the brochures and other information for the different model years, as well as some modifications that folks have made. This website is owned and maintained by some of the SOITC members.

http://drv-owners-manual.com/

Terry
I failed to mention in the post quoted above, but if you go to that website and select 2010, there is an image of a Suite at the top of the list of floor plans. Click on that image to see the brochure for that model year. Late in the brochure is a list of standard features and options for 2010.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #8
missourijan

We have been living in a 36rssb3 for 3 1/2 years and have been satisfied with the living space. We previously lived in a 2007 36' Select Suite for 5 1/2 years and were also satisfied with the living space. Lots of storage. This year we took out the carpet in the LR and BR area and laid 16" vinyl tiles, like it much better. The dirt that's in those carpets after a few years, yikes.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #9
hitchup

We traded a 2006 36' Elite for a 2009 38' Mobile Suite. The LR had much more room, especially noticeable in the width of the Entertainment Center.

We traded it for the 2014 Estates and lost some of that length on the ET Ctr. But gained it in a larger shower. Which is one of the reasons we did an upgrade.

Have noticed that each year and sometimes each unit, will be slightly different. We walked through a 2014 MS Estates and our new one is slightly different. The LR actually seems larger as they pushed the Island away from the carpet.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #10
Eagle-eye

We have a 2008 RSB3 and we have been fulltime for a little over three years. We find we have plenty of room. There is a lot of storage. In fact I think too much. My DW thinks that if there is space she should put something in it.
Eagle-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
MooseSuite

Nine yrs on the road in MS 36ft units.

I don't really care how big or small the rv is as long as I can wake up each morning and be outside most of the day.

Retired and so happy God has blessed me for the privilege.