Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
matsonelite69

Fresh Water Pump issue

I have a pressure problem with my pump. It was replaced in Febuary, and since when u power it up it will not pressurize until I open the faucet in the kitchen sink. i was wondering if there is an adjustment in the pump or if it has a outside pressure switch with an adjustment, can anyone help? Thanks Ronnie, P.S. Can anyone tell me where the controller is located?

matsonelite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

water pump

Could you provide a little more background on your trailer and pump type?

"Controller" is confusing me, also. The water pump is 'controlled' by a switch in the control panel and the pump is an auto-demand type: when it is on and primed (water supply is on, water in tank) then it should come on anytime the pressure in the entire system drops--opening a faucet causes the pump to start--closing will cause the pressure to build and shut the pump off. Common problem, outside of a leak on the pressure side, is an air leak on the suction side. If you recently had the pump serviced/replaced, the the first place I would check is the suction side of the pump for all connections being air-tight and the filter bowl clean.

I think the most recent type of pump supplied is the ShruFlo 5.7 model, and they usually operate well.

Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
Quote:
I have a pressure problem with my pump. It was replaced in Febuary, and since when u power it up it will not pressurize until I open the faucet in the kitchen sink. i was wondering if there is an adjustment in the pump or if it has a outside pressure switch with an adjustment, can anyone help?
Mine has been the same way since day one.(5 years ago)
I think it is just the rise from the bottom of the tank to the faucet with no prime in the line.
Does it work ok after it gets primed?
2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
matsonelite69

According to my manual it says there is a Intellic controller somewhere between the control panel and pump. The pump is a Aquatec. It will work fine witgh plenty of pressure once it primes, it actually appears that it hasnt been removed or repaired like the R.V shop claims. I was told it froze and it busted during the 14 degree temps here in AL. in Dec. They replaced the water manifold but there is no evidence of them replacing the pump.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
wingnut60
Site Team

water pump

I only have experience with the Shurflo pump. Normal operation should be for the pump to activate anytime a faucet is opened. It should be immediate, and the pump should stay primed all the time--pressured up in the system.

As to my chasing down a problem--assuming you have Suites model, and the setup is similar to mine (mine is older, doesn't have the manifold setup)--I would utilize the winterizing suction line and see it picks up water in the winterizing line from a bucket. If if works fine from the bucket, then you probably have a leak in the suction side, or the check valve that isolates the pump when hooked up to shore water is bad.

I say the above thinking newer models are set up the same way as mine, but maybe in putting in the manifolds, this test would not work?

Joe
Old 09-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
matsonelite69

wingnut mine is an 06. i will try my suction line to test it. I think it works the same i will just shut off all valves on the manifold b4 i test it. Its just really wierd that it workd fine b4 and now since they replaced the manifold and said they replaced pieces on my pump that now it doesnt work properly. I was then told that the '' Contoller'' was bad. Thank u for the info.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
wingnut60
Site Team

Mason,
I would think that if you have the patience you could utilize the bucket setup to mimic the water tank. Just close the suction from the fresh water tank and open the winterizing line valve. Then submerge the line in the water bucket and try to operate the pump using outside faucet near the basement door. If the pump is ok, it should pickup water from the bucket and operate normally. Then just open and close a faucet as you would in normal use. Be sure not to let the bucket water level drop and allow air into the system, or you will have to start all over again.

Should this test setup get the pump operating ok, then I would suspect an air leak between the water tank and pump. If it does not operate normally, then there is probably something still wrong with the pump.

The pumps are simple devices if it is a good one--if it is bad, then a new pump is usually easy to get and replace the old one...repairs that were made may have not been thorough as to how they tested it based on your complaint--I have always found if it is a pump problem, then best/most economical to do it myself. It is a leak/line/system, then it becomes a process of elimination.

Good Luck,
Joe

Joe
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
matsonelite69

Thanks Joe i will keep yall updated as to what i find.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
matsonelite69

Okie dokie here it goes, what pump should i purchase? i currently have a Aquatec on board, they run bout $175 is that about what all of them run? and If i change brands how hard is it to rewire? Is it just Red to Red and Black to Black? assuming that is the color codes for the wires. The funny thing is I can tap the head on the pump and most of the time it will start working, I called Aquatec and went thru there troublshooting procedure and he said they have never had one do this. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Ronnie
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
RonS

My guess, Bad brushes????????????

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote