Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #21
clev

I downloaded the diagram; do you want me to send it to you?

'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #22
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I downloaded the diagram; do you want me to send it to you?
Chad's ?
He sent it to me awhile ago, thanks.

porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #23
clev

Port, I've been trying not to, but inquiring minds wanna know, LOL. What did you do to get banned?
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #24
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Port, I've been trying not to, but inquiring minds wanna know, LOL. What did you do to get banned?

Not much. First off, I was new to using facebunk (again, hadn't used it in years) and just did what I thought was expected, at least be honest.

Private group, stipulations are you have to be or will be within 6 months a DRV owner.

There are three questions posted when requesting to join the group. Since we didn't have a DRV I answered as I saw fit.

Now keep in mind, someone on the DRV group was questioning my wife as to why she joined the group. That someone is a diehard Heartland owner and club member and has stated they have no intention of buying a DRV.
And at the time we were the New Jersey Chapter Leaders for Heartland. As we had told very few people about our change of direction, I didn't want it getting out that way.

Anyway I answered the questions, see the picture.

"Closed group for DRV owners and prospective owners. Although there are people on this group that have no intention of buying a DRV"

There is nothing un-truthful, misleading or disingenuous about that statement.

At the time there were/are two die hard Heartland owners, who have stated many times how happy they are with their Heartlands (and good for them), even going on mentioning how they compared a DRV and a Landmark side by side and felt the Landmark was a much better RV (excessive Kool-aid in my opinion, but to each their own)

There were also two Heartland employees on the group, neither of which have ever owned a RV.
(There is also at least one DRV employees now on the group as well)

So I was accused of being rude and un-friendly, why would I want to join and then got a flat out - you will never be allowed to join.

Tried to respond the group 'owner' through the channels, he accused me of "back door" contacting him (?)
Then he blocked me from even seeing the group page.
Then I sent a message to the group admins, one of which turns out to be his wife.

He scolded me for contacting his wife.

Eventually I was offered the chance to join with this the following disclaimer "I talked it over with my moderators and I’ll give you a try with one strike not three"

I declined - not interested in any special treatment like that.

Maybe I put too much into any of the group's requirements. I thought you actually had to be an owner or were going to be in 6 months or you were not allowed-kicked out.
I expect my wife to get kicked off any day now, we are 7 months out from our original DRV order and we still do not have it. And she joined before we ordered (I think)

Since my back and forth with the group owner there have been group changes. You are now allowed on as a former owner, which is good, since the owner no longer has a DRV.
There is also a special "friends" section now.

Even with all the the BS, I let it go.

I offered - sent a copy of the 2018 model year changes brochure before they were public to the group. I got the the tart response "Rolling Retreats keeps me informed on updates"

Nothing against Rolling Retreats (and they have offered far above to us from what I would expect since we did not order from them), but RR didn't supply the brochure I had at the time.

And as a last good will gesture - I noticed one day the group owner was down the street from my firehouse (he FB checks in wherever he goes).
I extended an invitation that the next time he was in town, contact me and we'll invite him over for coffee and if at the right time a free lunch or dinner.

I suppose I got to use the Heartland forum of which I am pretty active with. And as far as forums go, it is probably the best on the net.
Never bothered with heartland facebook groups, as there is no real value and there are too many.

Same with DRV. There are at least 4 FB groups, and I am part of 3 of them and at least 3 internet forums. Just too much time that can be spent searching trying to keep up with so many different venues.

But then again, maybe it is just me. When I opened the conversation about so many different net forums and FB groups I got chastised for that as well.

So, I've had my two cups of coffee, time to go do something useful around the house while I still wait for an update about our trailer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOG_group_denial.jpg (146.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #25
clev

Wow; what an answer. And here I thought it would be something simple; like giving wiring advice without 40 years of experience and an engineering degree. Or something like that, LOL.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #26
porthole

Well - I don't have an engineering degree. In fact I don't even have a college degree.
Didn't go to college until the early 90's and then only took 3 courses before I was not allowed to go further with taking the entrance testing.

But, I do have a degree in Auto-Diesel technology - or at least what the technology was in 1978 or 9

And I do have 40+ years expeierence - which now makes feel a bit older - thanks Clev
Old 04-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #27
clev

If you’re interested, here’s mine;

https://www.facebook.com/100003156700359
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #28
porthole

I see we have an in common theme on motorcycle colors
Old 04-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #29
clev

Yes; but I had to sell her in ‘16 due to my disability. I wept as the guy towed her away.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #30
clev

I finally got everything finished today. I installed a 4 gauge welders cable from the positive terminal of the Magnum 2800, through a 60 amp fused switch, to an 8-post power distribution bus bar. All the positive cables that were on the positive terminal of the last battery in the series, were moved to the bus bar. I did the same thing with the negative side except did not use a fused switch. Quite a few of the cables had to be trimmed and then with zip ties and routing, cable management cleaned everything up pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SolarCntrl.jpg (257.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SolarCntrl2.jpg (267.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #31
porthole

What is the yellow thing in the top right corner?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #32
clev

Good morning, port. The yellow thing is the cover for the 8-post bussbar.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #33
clev

I just checked my batteries, and even though the trailer is plugged in, battery voltage is 12.4 volts. I DON’T GET IT! I’ve double checked everything, every wire, there is nothing on in the trailer, and yet the SOC rarely gets above 60 and voltage is never consistent. To my way of thinking, plugged in with nothing on, the SOC should be 100% and voltage 12.8 ~ 13.0. I am getting ready to read my books again, for the fourth time.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #34
wingnut60
Site Team

clev,
One item that may be confusing you is the AH capacity--when you series 6-volts to 12-volts, it does not double the AHs. You still only have the AH of one 6 volt battery when series as 12-volts. I have 4x300AH Lifelines, but in series/parallel, so don't have 1200AH, only 600. At least I think that is right...
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #35
clev

Yes, Joe, you are correct, and I am aware. I have six 6-volt 220 a/h life lines wired in series/parallel for a total of 660 a/h. New, just purchased last month. Do you have, or are you familiar with the ME-RC controller?
Old 04-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #36
wingnut60
Site Team

clev,
Yes, have the ME-RC but definitely not familiar with its operation. Barely can remember when to switch from inverter to shore power thru trailer.

Wish I knew more to help you, maybe Chad will take note.

In your pics, I only see 2 of the six batts--are the other four on both sides of the trailer? If so, maybe some glitch in how you have them seriesed/paralleled?
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #37
clev

I’ve gotten familiar thru use. I’m reading the books again and been thru the menu a dozen times. I’m now changing Final from ‘Multi’ to ‘float’ and battery type from ‘custom’ to AGM 1.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:03 AM   #38
Chad Heiser

Sometimes the BMK “brain” needs to be reset in order to start calculating things properly when new stuff is added to the system. Also, every negative cable in your system needs to be on the load side of the BMK shunt. There should be no negative cables for any loads connected to any of the batteries anywhere. If any of your house loads, including your 12 volt power panel, Jack’s, slides, etc are connected directly to the batteries in the door side battery compartment (as DRV does from the factory), then the power they are drawing is not correctly calculated by the BMK.
Chad Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #39
clev

Thank you, Chad. That’s the job that I just finished. I had about 7 positive and negative cables connected directly to the last and first batteries, respectively, and have moved all to positive and negative bus bars. The bus bars are attached directly to the lugs on the inverter. I modified some settings yesterday afternoon and will check results after breakfast.