Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #1
friz

LED Bulbs "Super Bright" yada yada yada

Well, they are not "Super Bright". At least the ones I bought, 20x Super Bright DC12V T10 921 168 6000k White RV Interior 24SMD on ebay. These are the "paddle" style and inexpensive - 20 for $12 + free shipping. I needed to replace a couple of interior double ceiling fixture bulbs. The installed bulbs are column shaped with LEDs on all 4 sides. I went with the paddle shaped bulbs as I thought they would direct more light down. I was wrong. The column shape light up the whole lens/fixture. The original column shaped bulbs are much brighter. Very few of the vendors on ebay state how many lumen their bulbs put out. So, what have you found to be the brightest bulbs (shape, # of SMDS, manufacturer, vendor, etc)? I am new to RV LEDs. Last time we had a 5th wheel the interior bulbs were incandescent. Also, are they supposed to be that difficult to push into the socket? Is there a special insertion tool? The ones I bought were almost impossible to insert.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Might try SuperbrightLEDs.com or m4.com for better quality. Yes, some of the 'paddle' styles are hard to insert.
Lots of info on above sites to explain lumens/color/brightness.
Did all the lights on my previous '05 and did not have any problem with light output with the cool white units. Warm white may not be as bright...

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
friz

[QUOTE=wingnut60;26119]Might try SuperbrightLEDs.com or m4.com for better quality. Yes, some of the 'paddle' styles are hard to insert.
Lots of info on above sites to explain lumens/color/brightness.
Did all the lights on my previous '05 and did not have any problem with light output with the cool white units. Warm white may not be as bright...[/QUO

You know wingnut60, I did look at SuperbrightLEDs. I may have got what I paid for on ebay, inexpensive caca. SuperbrightLED look to be of much better quality and specs albeit much higher in price. The lumen are impressive and they are upfront. None of this "Super Bright" stuff. I have 4 double overhead fixtures in the main cabin. I can buy 520 lumen LEDs from them. That would give me the equivalent of of almost 4 100w light bulbs. Unless someone else pipes in with something else, yours may well be a good lead. Thanks!
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

I don't know what type of overheads you have, but in my old Suites, they were double florescent bulbs--found out that replacing only one bulb would provide as much light as the original two bulbs...I always went for the brightest cool white light--some people don't like the brightness. Superbrite will talk to you about the bulbs, and if in doubt can send a pic to them and they will steer you to correct bulb.
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #5
Helipilot

The real Super Bright LED's are pretty good. I have been converting my Mobile Suites to LED using the Super Bright brand and have been pleased. Some are almost too bright! I also have converted my '77 Toyota FJ-40 I am restoring to the LED's.

Good Luck in your endeavor to do the conversion
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote