Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
rd&gj

Additional propane outlet?

Hi again...hope we have more Jazz owners here in the future.

For those of you that own the 2870UK, can anyone tell me what the pipe 'stub' is that is underneath the trailer at the rear, curbside? We thought it might be a gas line for an outdoor grill. It juts out toward the side and has a cap on it.

Thanks for any input. JW

Pullrite Super Glide - under mount, 16K; Prodigy
rd&gj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
chevytrkr

Additional propane outlet

My FW also has the gas line near the rear of the trailer. I suppose that's for hooking up a gas grill like you said. I can't think of any other reason for that being there.

Husky 16K EZ slider hitch
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 D/A crew cab
chevytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
rd&gj

chevytrkr
Thanks for the response. I'm glad someone else thought of it as we did; just thought for sure it was something else that was so obvious that we just couldn't think of.

How do you like your 2550? That was the model we expected to buy up until the last minute and decided to go with the 'slightly' bigger 2870. We love the extra room, however, it's more than what my DH wanted to pull around. Everyone says that you'll rarely hear that someone wished they'd gone smaller; we at times wished we'd stuck with our original plan. A gain of three to four feet in length and six inches wider surely didn't seem that much more. I'm sure when we have the grand kids or on a long road trip, any thoughts of regret will fade.

Happy Camping! JW
Pullrite Super Glide - under mount, 16K; Prodigy
rd&gj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
MDTdriver

Gas Line

I have a FleetWood Prowler AX6 5er it also has a line at rear on curb side.
Mine is black pipe which is for Propane, mine runs from propane tank to water heater then to BQ. Mine has a Quick Connect on it, but the only BQ I found was from FleetWood dealer about $300 I passed. So I took off the QC and installed a HD valve, an I am looking for the pipe parts to connect it to my present BQ.
Good Luck

Larry
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
chevytrkr

Additional propane outlet

We love our Jazz, but like you, wish now that we had gone bigger. My DW thinks it's the ideal length. Me, on the other hand, would prefer something in the 30' range. I'm very satisfied with all the Jazz features and it's an easy rig to tow. I'm sure once I retire in a couple of years we will trade for a longer one. But for now, it's all we need for short trips and long weekends.
Husky 16K EZ slider hitch
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 D/A crew cab
chevytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
wingnut60
Site Team

From posts on the SunnybrookTalk.com forum, the propane line will not run a bbq grill unless it does not have its own pressure regulator--the line below the frame coming from the propane tanks is downstream of the regulator on the tanks, thus there is not enough pressure available to run another propane unit if it goes thru another regulator. Just what I have read, no actual experience with it.
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
MDTdriver

BQ

You maybe right, my tanks are one on each side of my front storage with a regulater at each tank, then a black pipe to water heater in the back of 5er on the driver side then a black pipe to the other side in the back of 5er. for BQ, which I have never used. I have a BQ connection on one of my front tanks.

Larry

Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote