Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
rperrym

Bought a 09 36TKS

We picked up our new to us 36 TKS yesterday. Truck pulled it fine although it was the heaviest load we have pulled before. I watched the transmission temperature all the way home and it ranged from 166 to 154 with the outside temperature at 95. I had to get an aftermarket brake controller as my 2012 GMC integrated one does not work on hydraulic brakes. I set the Prodigy at boost level of three and power at 9.0. Seemed fine, but we may adjust later. What did concern me was the temperature of the hubs as I drove into our storage area. All four seem very warm. I could grab the outside hub and hold it for about 8 seconds before it got uncomfortable. I don't know if this is a byproduct of braking or if I have 4 bearing problems. This dealer did not know anything about this bearings or how to check them. I will buy an infrared heat gun soon. Just wandering if this is highly abnormal or not. There is a cap on the end of these hubs that says, Kodiak XL, 7-8K.
Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, it is a super nice RV.

Rick
rperrym is offline   Reply With Quote