Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
NOBLNG

Cheap hitches

Hi all! I just purchased a cougar 26sab, weighs about 7000lbs. Is anyone using a 15k reese pro? Any problems with such a cheap hitch? I am new to 5th wheels and am wondering if it is worth the extra cash for a better hitch. I do not need a slider or gooseneck capabilities. Thanks.
NOBLNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
RickandJanice

We used a Reese Pro 16K hitch for over 12 years without any issues. We currently have a Reese 20K fifth wheel hitch for our 34' Mobile Suites. Our niece and husband are have been using the same hitch on their 27' Cougar for the past 3 years and are having no problems either. Reese makes a great product. In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with a Reese hitch of any model.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
ishie

Send a message via Yahoo to ishie
Re: Cheap hitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLNG
Hi all! I just purchased a cougar 26sab, weighs about 7000lbs. Is anyone using a 15k reese pro? Any problems with such a cheap hitches? I am new to 5th wheels and am wondering if it is worth the extra cash for a better hitch. I do not need a slider or gooseneck capabilities. Thanks.
well i bought an aftermarket hitch for my cougar but well its all good as new.. maybe you really need to check for the best aftermarket hitch specially if you buy it on net.
ishie is offline   Reply With Quote