Common Wildcat fresh tank problems.
We have owned 2 Wildcat 5thwheels - both of which have had some tank filling, venting and capacity issues.
Our first one was a 2003 28BHS which on our first trip we noticed water spilling out of the vent hose which on this unit exited from underneath next to the drain. Forest River saved $.38 by not running the hose up to the vent attachment point located on the fill adapter instead, they caulked over it. With any amount of un-level, sloshing from travel ect water was lost out the vent hose. We corrected this by squirting the end of the vent hose with silicone calk permanently plugging it. This solved the problem but created a slow fill problem as the fill hose was now also the vent hose. We needed to fill at a trickle
so water could go in and as volume increased, air could escape.
On our new 2005 29BHBP we added a second water tank which we ordered from the factory. Please read the separate post with photos for details.
When we dropped the underbelly we discovered the vent line does run up to the fresh fill point like it should but it was routed below the vent exit point before it went up to the fill point. Water would spill into the vent lines low point and it would spit at us when we filled the fresh tank. The trailer also showed a 43 gallon fresh capacity but we never got anywhere close to 43 gallons out of it. The reason is part install error, part creative marketing. When we ordered the 2nd tank using the factory tanks part number the rep told us it was listed as a 37 gal tank. Creative marketing adds the capacity of the hot water heater (6 gallons) to the tank (37 gallons) Ė do the math.
The install error was in the routing of the line to the water pump. As it exited the tank it was pulled up above the bottom of the tank by about 4 inches. The tank could never be fully drained beyond the remaining 4 inches. We solved this by cutting the zip-tie holding the line up higher then the bottom of the tank allowing it to run slightly lower then the bottom of the tank. The bottom of the tank was also molded with several indentations in the bottom for strength which trapped water leaving several gallon un-available since it was trapped in these indentations.
Another proble we had was when filling the tank water would leak from inside the tank area from somewhere. We removed the fill point from the outside and found a loose hose clamp where the fill line attached to the back. Water would leak past and run down the hose.
Iíll do a diagram and attach it but you will only be able to see it if you are registered & logged in Ė FREE.