Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
Jerapais69

Ideal 5W size?

I know it's subjective and individualized, but wife and I have had two toyhaulers both 44'. Very cumbersome to haul around but spacious. Garage has come in handy for fulltime living while building a home but that's gonna end.
King bed is a must as is all 4 hydraulic jacks. Not looking for toyhauler anymore as 95% of the time it's just the two of us taking it on two week or weekend trips. Anyone have luck downsizing and if so what was your story and what brand/model do you prefer?

Jerapais69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
Primo Rudy's Roadhouse

I have been wondering the same thing and have come to the conclusion a 30 +/- foot would be nice for me and my wife plus a slide. It would fit in most state parks and is not too combersome

Lots of Wiener dogs and some otheres
Primo Rudy's Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Jerapais69

Thx Primo. Forgot about the national park limitations. Thx!
Jerapais69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:32 AM   #4
Notanlines

Rudy, the only thing I can add is to try for 2 slides, one opposing the other. It sure opens things up.
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
friz

Wife, myself and 2 bassett hounds. Our 5er is a inch shy of 29', 1 slide out. Weighs around 8500 lbs and tows beautifully behind our F-250 diesel. We took a 2 month ride last summer (8K miles). It was our first experience with camping for more than a week. Granted it is personal experience but we were very comfortable. Absolutely no complaints about being cramped.
Notalines mentioned about a 2nd slideout. Don't know at what length they appear but imagine a 2nd would really be nice. I have read on forums about problems with slideouts with plumbing that have and/or propane. Once again, not personal experience but something worth considering/investigating. Happy trails to you!
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #6
4happyfeet

Towable

We are selling stick-n-bricks to move into our DRV MS 41 RKSB4 full time next month. The setup for permanent space is hard to get in and out of, so we bought a KZ Connect 261RB for travel. My first tail wagger. Dually doesn’t even know it’s there. Has all the amenities, just a smaller scale. Under 30’, national park friendly. Big bath, king bed. Not nearly as much space for storage, but plenty for shorter trips. Liked it because flooring is thicker than most. Seems like that is a weak spot on tts.
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
Dr. D

I agree fully.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #8
bpadamson

We have a 31' toyhauler, no slides, but it is 8.5 feet wide and plenty of headroom. The dinette is in the rear and can be lifted up out of the way to haul toys. We do not haul toys and there is only 2 of us most the time. We can get in most places-- haven't found a spot yet but some are tight. The big difference is our unit is that it is open floor plan, we have no wall to block off the garage and it doesn't seem like a garage. It is subjective, but it works well for us and many of our friends.

bpadamson is offline   Reply With Quote