Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
jcar

Send a message via AIM to jcar
Holding tanks

Have 04 kz275rk durango. 15 gal. of water in black or gray taks. read full
on monittor panel, sensers placed to close to monittor right hight of water.
anybody else have same problem?
jim

Old 03-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
My problem is that after 6 months or so of living in our unit, the monitor lights always read full. I've back washed, used water softner in tank before moving rig, hoping the slosh effect would clean sensors. I've since went and bought sea level gage setup, just haven't had the time to install yet. I think from what I've read, this should work perfectly, I hope anyway.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
Motor31

The sensors in the black and grey tanks get crudded up. That is common to all RV's that use the type of sensor that goes inside the tank. There is virtually nothing you can do that will keep them clear and reading like they were the very first time the tanks were used. Most of us know what our use time is and just dump the tank when we hear a difference in the sound of the flush. Except in dry camping or while building up grey water to flush the sewer hose we leave the grey valve open.

There is a solution to your problem but it will mean installing a new set of sensors that work from the outside of the tank. There is a thread here on the forum that talks about installing them and gives the brand name as well. ( http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6 ) It is called the seelevel II instalation on this same area. I don't have them on my rig but have been giving them very serious thought as the only sensor that is "accurate" is the fresh water tank on our 6 month old rig.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
cwsoules

I just decided to pay little attention to the black water tank levels when less than 100%. The two of us will not fill any of our 40 gallon tanks in a week. I have a 11 gallon rolling tank and if I get concerned I can fill it and take it to a dump station.
2000 Quad Cab 2500 Auto w/4:10 rear end. DTT 89% VB, TC, Mag HI-TECK Pan, Smart Box, EZ, PAC Brake, Pillar gage mount with EGT, Boost, and Tranny output temp, Miller Manufacturing Truck Bed Cover, with RBW 5er hitch, and
Rigged to tow a 29' Automate 5th wheel.
cwsoules is offline   Reply With Quote