Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
terry and jo

Replaced Original DRV Furniture

The original furniture in our Mobile Suites was just not proving to be comfortable. So, Jo and I have followed the lead of several others and replaced it with some new stuff. The couch and two recliners are now gone and sold via Craig's List. In their place are two other items. One is a La-Z-Boy Reclina-Way loveseat and the other is a Lane euro-chair with ottoman.

The La-Z-Boy style is called Maverick and the fabric/finish is called Saddleback. The Lane euro-chair with ottoman is covered with vinyl.

We originally thought that the DRV furniture would be good, but after sitting in them for a while, we decided otherwise. I guess I would have to go out on a limb and suggest that if anyone is ordering a new fifth wheel, check out the original stuff very closely. You might want to delete the original furniture and buy your own.

The link immediately below my name will take you to our Photobucket account where you can see how our unit is now laid out with the new loveseat, euro-chair, and stereo cabinet and speakers. Click on each thumbnail to see larger photos, and then you can also click on the larger one to see yet another larger one.

Terry

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/...%20New%20Home/

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
BlueSkyRanch

Very nice. We will be doing the same next spring. I may post the ad to sell the existing furniture now. It may take some time.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Motor31

When we ordered the rig we substituted dual recliners for the sleeper couch. We do like the "theater" style recliners and will likely get them rebuilt / recovered after a bit. If I could find a set of small recliners that were as comfortable I'd swap them but so far no luck.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
hitchup

We seriously considered ordering our 2009 MS without furniture. But since we needed to have furniture in the trade-in, we had the dealer move out the factory furniture into the 2006 Elite Suite.

We found the 38' didn't give us very much more wall space than the 36'. So we switched from Lzyb recliners to a Lzyb wall saver loveseat (both Pinnacle). It gives us enough room with the 2011 upgraded cabinet and dinette table. And we still have room for side tables on both sides of loveseat.

We also took back our Ekornes Euro chair to give us additional seating. So our seating arrangement is very similiar to yours. LOL
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyRanch
Very nice. We will be doing the same next spring. I may post the ad to sell the existing furniture now. It may take some time.

Steve,

It may take you less time than you think. Jo posted the original DRV furniture on Craig's List at about 8:00 or 8:30am back on the 11th of November. Within an hour she had a call from someone living about 50-80 miles away wanting all of the furniture and could she come see it first.

Jo said that was fine and that she would hold the furniture until she could see it. Less than 30 minutes after the phone call, she had two e-mail requests about the furniture.

The lady who came over bought both recliners and the couch. She said she had been trying to find stuff on Craig's List for some time for their camper and for their son who needed a couch. According to her, apparently there are folks out there specifically looking for furniture and when it comes available on Craig's List, they buy it. Usually based strictly on the photos in the ads.

So, I would be cautious if you think you still might want to use the coach and haven't gotten replacement furniture yet.

We had looked at the Pinnacle by La-Z-Boy, but the Reclina-Way loveseat in that model would have been $200 or $300 more than the Maverick that we chose. Plus, since Jo is shorter, the Maverick fits her legs better than the Pinnacle did. We liked the Pinnacle because of its shorter length, but price and "leg fit" won out with the Maverick.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
BlueSkyRanch

That's great news that the furniture sold quickly. I've been homeless for 5 years and now I might be using lawn chairs in the living room. lol I really like the furniture made by an Amish family just south of Shipshawana. I may wait until summer to but the furniture.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyRanch
That's great news that the furniture sold quickly. I've been homeless for 5 years and now I might be using lawn chairs in the living room. lol I really like the furniture made by an Amish family just south of Shipshawana. I may wait until summer to but the furniture.

Speaking of Shipshawana, here is a link I can share that was posted on my similar posting about replacing furniture on the RV Dreams forum. This company is in that same area.

Terry

http://www.amishcountry.org/destinat...tcomfortchairs
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
hitchup

We went to Lambert Chairs while in Shipshewana. I wanted to look at their side tables. They looked very well built and well priced, but we didn't buy anything that trip.

The recliners and loveseats had beautiful fabrics. Some were obviously more comfortable than others. That's why it's always important to Test any furniture before you buy. :-)
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
terry and jo

I hate it when this happens, but I have to admit a mistake. In my original post, I said the Lane euro-chair was vinyl. Sorry, it is leather. When I originally read the label on the underside, I missed seeing the reference to leather and only saw a reference to vinyl, which is evidently in some other part of the chair.

My bad...

Terry

Terry's Smugmug Site